• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help troubleshoot DVD+R DL

JMC24

Hello,
This is my first post. I'm having trouble burning my Dual Layer DVDs. Only maybe 2 good ones out of 25. Yes, I'm using an off brand, but I've been using that brand for a year now with no problems. (Optical Quantum-It's what the boss sends, it's what I use.)
The sunlight hit the spindle just right today, and I noticed that the disc edges are rough and notched. Could this be the problem? I have nothing to compare it to as I was all out of my previous spindle. I tried looking it up and really can't find anything regarding the appearance of the disc edge.
Thank you!

I guess my exact question would be:
Does a brand new perfect condition DVD+R DL have a smooth silver edge, rough or bumpy edge, or does it even matter as to recordability or playability?

As Marty has mentioned, probably a bad batch.

New package discs usually are smooth edges but the edges have ABSOLUTELY no factor in playing the disc or recording as long as the rough edges do not affect the ability of the disc to spin correctly while in the tray.

Generally the quality assurance inspectors will ensure the media is pristine & all checks are done before shipping out but it looks like your batch got missed somehow. I have literally thousands of TY discs with no issues but I have some Verbatim discs that have slightly rough edges (not gouges but not smooth) & they play/burn no issues. In the past I came across a batch of Princo discs that were so rough I could have used them as ninja throwing stars LOL but they still burned ok. Their longevity was short due to poor quality company & not the edges :)

Last edited:
Back