• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help Me Understand the 4K UHD Record/Play process...

OK, progress report. Got the ASUS drive installed. Loaded up my newly purchased copy of CloneBD. Put Star Trek Beyond 4K in the ASUS, and Zowie! AnyDVD recognized it, and then I copied the ISO to hard drive. Now it was CloneBD's turn to make what I assumed to be the decrypted ISO into an MKV file. Nope! Clone BD gave an Error message almost immediately, and generated a LOG file. To see if it worked on a Blu Ray, I used it on Atomic Blonde and it made the MKV file, which plays perfectly on PowerDVD. I sent the LOG file to Bugs@elby.ch on Monday... Black Hole. I uploaded the LOG file. Any Ideas how this newby went wrong?
Nope sorry but this isn't the best section for troubleshooting. Post in the CloneBD section, explain what (doesn't) happen(s) and post the logfile there. In that section you'l get the best support.

Success! Final Report. I'd like to thank tgp7777777 , Ch3vr0n , and Reto for your help in educating me and setting me on the right path! I bought the ASUS BW 16D1HT for $59.99, A GTX 1060 for $284.98,and an HDMI 2.0 splitter for $28.24 on the hardware side. On the software side, I already owned RedFox and PowerDVD 17, I purchased CloneBD for $144.83. So, total new investment of $518.04 gets me the ability to backup my UHD BD's on to my hard drive, convert to a MKV files, and play those files, in 4K, on my Samsung TV with PowerDVD 17, through my HTC, in Stunning 4K and 5.1 Audio. The splitter, BTW, is used to branch the 4K signal to two converter boxes. The first downgrades the HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 1.4, The second converts the HDMI 1.4 to RCA Composite which I route through a Xantech whole house distribution system. At the monitors in the various rooms, another RCA composite to HDMI converter steps the signal back up to 1080P, almost...great quality for the bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, etc... Thanks again for your excellent help!

Back