Help Me Understand the 4K UHD Record/Play process...

Discussion in 'High Definition Hardware' started by Laserfisher, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Nope sorry but this isn't the best section for troubleshooting. Post in the CloneBD section, explain what (doesn't) happen(s) and post the logfile there. In that section you'l get the best support.

2. Laserfisher

Laserfisher Member

Success! Final Report. I'd like to thank tgp7777777 , Ch3vr0n , and Reto for your help in educating me and setting me on the right path! I bought the ASUS BW 16D1HT for $59.99, A GTX 1060 for $284.98,and an HDMI 2.0 splitter for $28.24 on the hardware side. On the software side, I already owned RedFox and PowerDVD 17, I purchased CloneBD for $144.83. So, total new investment of $518.04 gets me the ability to backup my UHD BD's on to my hard drive, convert to a MKV files, and play those files, in 4K, on my Samsung TV with PowerDVD 17, through my HTC, in Stunning 4K and 5.1 Audio. The splitter, BTW, is used to branch the 4K signal to two converter boxes. The first downgrades the HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 1.4, The second converts the HDMI 1.4 to RCA Composite which I route through a Xantech whole house distribution system. At the monitors in the various rooms, another RCA composite to HDMI converter steps the signal back up to 1080P, almost...great quality for the bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, etc... Thanks again for your excellent help!