Help for a novice movie maker

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by michaeljhog, Jan 28, 2007.

1. michaeljhog

michaeljhog New Member

Im trying to make a highlight reel of my son playing basketball. I have a dvr that I managed to record from camcorder to dvd. Problem is,every highlight was recorded as a new chapter so there is a long pause between highlights while playing disk on a dvd player. Is there a fix for this ? Also when I get ready to add still photos and music to the disk what program or what steps do you recommed ? I would really like for this to be as professional looking as possible. Thanks very much.

2. chris12923

chris12923 Member

3. TerryLP

TerryLP Member

I think you would find that Adobe's Premier Elements would do eveything that you are trying to do. You can make very nice DVDs from your videos or bring in your stills. You could find a lot more information on this on another forum since this one is not set up for video editing. That is a whole differant subject, but you can certainly have a lot of fun with it. Good luck.:)

4. ETP

ETP Well-Known Member

AnyDVD has a delete chapters/don't do chapters option on initial transfer. I always check that block for my projects. Movie maker may also?

5. b1030

b1030 Well-Known Member

Nero Ultra 7 is a must have! Will let you author your own DVD's with full function menu's. You can add menu music, text and so much more.
    Gotta get it.

6. ETP

ETP Well-Known Member

OK. That is the second function I need from Ultra. Time to buy the full version I guess.