• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hellboy II US Version

Adbear

Just to head off comments about this film, I've tested it in the following ways

Rips to hard drive fine with as folder and ISO

Plays from the original disc

PowerDVD 7.3 4407
Region code removed - yes
remove puops - yes
Disable BD-live - on-yes off-yes

PowerDVD 8 2217
remove puops - yes

Plays from ISO

PowerDVD 7.3 4407
remove puops - yes

PowerDVD 8 2217
remove puops - yes

I'm going to assume, however, that the BD Live functions do not work with AnyDVD enabled either on the original or the ISO, correct? It may be able to download the content, but, accessing it is another story.

As I never use BD-live I've not tested that, I was just testing the different settings in AnyDVD HD with it to make sure you could play the disc, use the menu and play the film

That's fine. I was just pointing out the fact that on Iron Man we saw similar issues. So, with AnyDVD enabled, BD Live content will not work at all. Not a big deal to me but it could be to others.

The problem is that I can't test that anyway as whether I have AnyDVD running or not, when playing from the original disc it always comes up with a message about needing a BD-Live enabled player. I'm assuming it's because the film isn't officially out yet so the site isn't online

In my case I put this movie in the drive and AnyDVD HD doesn't even recognize there's a disk in the drive! Thinking my drive might have died I tried another BD disk - that one works no problem. I have 6.4.7.9 installed, I will try the beta asap as I assume that's what was used here? I use eac3to to rip my BD FWIW. <shrug>

My US version works fine with 6.4.7.9

In my case I put this movie in the drive and AnyDVD HD doesn't even recognize there's a disk in the drive! Thinking my drive might have died I tried another BD disk - that one works no problem. I have 6.4.7.9 installed, I will try the beta asap as I assume that's what was used here? I use eac3to to rip my BD FWIW. <shrug>

And...is it recognized with AnyDVD disabled? See my bad disc guide for further assistance.

Loaded up the beta, rebooted, disk ripped fine - whew. Cannot say that beta was required but it sure wasn't recognizing this ONE disk prior to loading it but I also did not try another boot <shrug> Just happy it's not some new mutant disk :D

My experience (with the iso and anydvd 6479 - pdvd 8 2217):

When Disable BD-live is set to ON: No play

Last edited:
Back