• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hell or High Water DVD

Vanpeebles

REDBOX USA DVD RENTAL, 1 Click DVD Copy burning software. Could not make an exact copy, using blank Verbatim dual layer disks. ANYDVD scans disk just fine, says disk size is 8144 GB, IN ADITTION TO ALL OTHER INFO. When time to burn, get message stating "blank disk is to small, insert dual layer disk". Tried a dozen disks and same message appears. Just for grins, looked at "VIDEO TS" sub folder of original disk and the size stated was 24.6GB?? Burned A SINGLE LAYER disk just fine.

All the best,

Mario

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.6.1_Info_D_HELL OR HIGH WATER.ziplog
    246.7 KB · Views: 4
We'll need a bit more info as to what it is exactly your doing and trying to do. For starters, anydvd doesn't burn. So what is it you're using to burn. How did you rip the disc? 24.6GB on a DVD isn't "unusual". That's just the structural protection in effect on the original. It simulates fake titles and artificially increase the supposed disc size. If not ripped correctly, those do become real. So.

1. How did you rip (if you ripped)
2. What are you using to burn

We'll need a bit more info as to what it is exactly your doing and trying to do. For starters, anydvd doesn't burn. So what is it you're using to burn. How did you rip the disc? 24.6GB on a DVD isn't "unusual". That's just the structural protection in effect on the original. It simulates fake titles and artificially increase the supposed disc size. If not ripped correctly, those do become real. So.

1. How did you rip (if you ripped)
2. What are you using to burn

1.Used ANYDVD to copy
2.To Burn, "1 click DVD Copy"

I understand, ANYDVD does not burn, just never seen this since using ANYDVD.

Regards,

Mario

How exactly did you rip? did you use the anydvd ripper or a simple windows explorer file copy or are you pointing 1click straight to the drive with anydvd active?

How exactly did you rip? did you use the anydvd ripper or a simple windows explorer file copy or are you pointing 1click straight to the drive with anydvd active?

I rarely ever "rip" a DVD. 1Click DVD Copy is active on my screen waiting for ANYDVD to finish scanning inserted, original DVD. Once scanning is completed, 1click (already pointed to drives) automatically starts the process of burning to a blank dvd. I do not get involved during the whole process except, inserting original and a blank, hitting 1 Click start button, then remove when all is done. It is a very seamless process and works splendidly.

Thanks,

Mario

Then it's likely a simple case of 1 click not being able to understand the structural protection on the disc. Right click the fox tray icon and select 'rip video DVD to hard disk'. When that's done, point 1 click to that ripped folder as the source, should work now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Very interesting, I previously could burn dual layer. You suggest a "simple case of 1 click not being able to understand the structural protection on the disc" yet, burning of a single layer disk was fine?? Seems to me, single layer burn by "1click understood" and worked just fine. ANYDVD did it's job, I think.......will play some more here. ;)

Kind regards and thanks for your help!

Mario

yeah, but not every double layer studio movie uses that "structural protection". In order to be able to burn a backup of the disc, the burn software has to understand the structure first :)

There is something weird on this DVD. An ISO rip with the previous version of AnyDVD resulted in a player freeze for me. (Dune) Ripping a MKV from that same ISO was the fix. I don't have the disc now to get a log. Log of the mounted ISO is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.7.0_Info_N_HELL OR HIGH WATER.ziplog
    119.4 KB · Views: 1
Back