• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hearing impaired subtitles

Pita

For the past few weeks, every disk I convert with CloneBD gives me a MKV file that shows the hearing impaired subtitles.

I do not want to see this by default.

What do I need to do to not have them ?

Thanks

Last edited:
They're not necessarily the hearing impaired ones, they are working on the subtitles for mkv. The current version is the first with initial subtitle support. Note the word INITIAL, although the mkv standard allows for selectable subs the initial support means that the only way for mkv to have subs is hardcoded in the video. This will change in the future but hardcoded is only way atm.

Subs for mkv have been requested for a long time and after more urgent issues, hardcoded subs was the fastest and easiest method to at subtitles.

Have patience, things will improve :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks Ch3vr0n

So if I choose something other than MKV, I should not have the subtitles?

If you pick mp4 you'll have that too, but for a different reason. Hardcoded subs are the ONLY WAY the mp4 standard allows for subs. If you want mkv but selectable subs you will have to look for a different solution for now.

Don't think subtitles are supported in any other format at this time.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

So in summary, for now CloneBD ALWAYS embeds the title regardless of the format.
This is very unfortunate.
At the beginning, there was no title at all. In many cases, IMHO this was much better as the subtitles are a pretty big distraction.

... IMHO this was much better as the subtitles are a pretty big distraction

When you consider the differences between Castilian Spanish vs Mexican Spanish or North American English vs. British English vs. Australian English and every variation of every possible dialect, subtitles enhance the viewing experience. For those who have a hearing loss, subtitles are critical.

Very unfortunate I doubt that, subtitles have to start somewhere, and its better than ALL the previous versions that had NO subtitle support for portable files AT ALL.

As I said, be patient thing will improve.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

So in summary, for now CloneBD ALWAYS embeds the title regardless of the format.
This is very unfortunate.
At the beginning, there was no title at all. In many cases, IMHO this was much better as the subtitles are a pretty big distraction.
It only embeds them if you choose the single file format option, and only if you choose to keep subtitles. If you un-tick all the subtitle tracks then you will get a copy without burnt in subtitles.

If you choose the Blu-ray options then they are kept separate

Back