• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HDCP and Region Code - is it independent from AACS and/or BD+ protection mechanism

Ashram

In other words: assuming a new title, that AnyDVDHD cannot decrypt (yet), assuming you do have the original, can you still remove Region Protection and HDCP ?

This Region Code mechanism in BD is a pain.

Thanks for any info

Region problem is no problam at all. You can always get new changes if you know how. It has been posted several times in this forum.

Region code might not be a big problem, HDCP is though.
I'm not so much interested in backing up Blu-rays right now but rather need AnyDVD HD because my current display doesn't support HDCP.

That gives me a problem with BD+ titles:
With current PowerDVD versions I can't play these titles. PowerDVD refuses to play them with AnyDVD HD because of the missing AACS and refuses to play them without AnyDVD because of missing HDCP.

Of couse, older PowerDVD versions work but they have too many other problems. And switching all the time is rather a pain in the butt. ;)

If BD+ can be removed soon - someone from the team mentioned "weeks" on doom9 forums - it's not a big deal.

But if it takes longer, I wonder if you could implement a temporary solution:
Include an option in AnyDVD HD to remove HDCP and Region Coding but leave the AACS encryption alone.
That way new versions of PowerDVD should be able to play theses titles.

Not sure if it's possible at all but if it is, it might be worth looking into.

One thing I'm also wondering is, if it will be possible to remove UOPs on Blu-ray.

Cheers,

- Mav

That gives me a problem with BD+ titles:
With current PowerDVD versions I can't play these titles. PowerDVD refuses to play them with AnyDVD HD because of the missing AACS and refuses to play them without AnyDVD because of missing HDCP.

What is the last version of PowerDVD that will allow you to use AnyDVD?

3319a supports BD+ and lets you play (non-AACS with BD+) from HDD

Cyberlink did a major whoopsie on 3319a, and quickly replaced it with 3319f which blocks HDD playback.

This forum is riddled with 3319a fans who use it as one of their preffered versions (and most people have more than one these days)

More hardcore users spurn old versions, and use the latest 3730 version and use deamon tools lite to mount a virtual UDF BD. You need an uncracked BD+ rip with AACS present for this to work though, kind of removing the need for AnyDVD altogether, i think.

I currently run 3 versions of powerdvd but then I am sad; not as sad as Cyberlink though who will probably remove all features in forthcoming PowerDVD 8 except for one button marked "play".

I have three Vista (SP1, SP1 beta, untouched) partitions. Everyone of them has a different PDVD version (3730 always the latest, 3319a, the first version ever, I think it's 7.2). :D

Hi, Running more than one powerdvd version is easy enough to do.

There is a highly evolved solution elsewhere on this forum, involving an executable application that someone has written, that pops up a window and asks you which powerdvd you want.

I've never used this application-based switcher so can't comment; personnally I just use some simple scripts which rename the C:\Program Files\Cyberlink folder. If you search for one of my earlier posts this simple method is there. The switching is done by small batch files that you can place on your desktop, or integrate with your media remote should you so wish.

However, you may prefer to take an alternative approach to the multiple powerdvd instances solution, and do the .ISO trick instead with the latest version of Powerdvd.

This works by using a program called imgburn (freeware) which you can use to make a disc-image of your movie. Images can be made from existing rips, or directly from new ones. These images can be mounted with daemon-tools lite as a virtual bd/hd drive. Even the latest versions of powerdvd can play those, with the AACS encryption previously removed by anydvd.

The only downer with this method is you will have to turn all your old hdd rips into .ISO to take advantage of this method. This takes up to half an hour per BD. Any future rips can of course be made direct to .ISO using imgburn with Anydvd running in the background to strip AACS and sort the HDCP.

I'm with the OP - my HTPC setup has a HDCP bug resulting in PowerDVD not seeing a protected HDCP path even though all my equipment is compliant (eg PS3 plays fine) & hence I had to purchased AnyDVD HD JUST so I can play my original disks.

At present I'm stuck with 3319a as it is the latest one that with play AACS free BD+ disks, but from what I'm reading some of the newer Profile 1.1 disks are going to struggle to play with 3319a.....so I too am after a feature where:

1) AnyDVD HD allows an option of just spoofing PowerDVD's HDCP check and leaves AACS in place so we can use the latest BD+ disks & the latest version of PDVD, OR
2) Obviously a Crack for BD+

Thanks
Nathan

1) I don't think this will work, as anydvd does not spoof the HDCP link in any way, andydvd works at the disc-driver side, not the gpu side of Powerdvd.

The reason it removes the need for HDCP is because it strips of AACS before it gets to Powerdvd, and with no AACS no HDCP is enforced by PowerDVD.

If you wanted a program that just spoofs HDCP then a whole new program would be required to spoof Graphics drivers and trick powerdvd into thinking it's operating over a secure link.

2) Yes, just as soon as the BD+ crack is released we will catch up again and be able to use AnyDVD in the way we were used to and use the latest versions of powerdvd. The ripping to hard drive, however, won't work unless you use imgburn to rip straight to .iso

Maybe anydvd could introduce a rip to .iso option, as a lot of people are strugging with imgburn and daemontools at the moment.

Back