• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD-DVDs not playing back at full res?

DasGrinch

Edit -My bad, by 'full res' I mean 720p, the resolution that my LCD supports, not 1080p, I already know why that doesn't work.

Well, call me a noob, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm missing.

Xbox 360 HD-DVD plugged into my HTPC -> 32" LCD at 1366x768 (I can only go up to 720p) via DVI -> HDMI
PowerDVD 7.1 (7.3 gives me the 'bad video drivers' issue)
I installed AnyDVD HD trial because it was saying my LCD is not HDCP compliant.
King Kong plays back, but when it's windowed, it seems very small, and it doesn't seem anywhere near as crisp as HD content normally looks.

It's an Athlon 64x2 4400, 2 gigs of ram, the video card is only a Geforce 7300, but it is HDCP compliant and it plays back most other things without any problem.

I've tried ripping the disc to the hard drive and playing it back, and it just does the same thing. Am I missing something? Did I miss a step to enable it to play back at an HD resolution? Is there a way to tell what size it's actually displaying at? Am I just overlooking something simple?

Last edited:
Well, call me a noob, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm missing.

Xbox 360 HD-DVD plugged into my HTPC -> 32" LCD at 1366x768 (I can only go up to 720p) via DVI -> HDMI
PowerDVD 7.1 (7.3 gives me the 'bad video drivers' issue)
I installed AnyDVD HD trial because it was saying my LCD is not HDCP compliant.
King Kong plays back, but when it's windowed, it seems very small, and it doesn't seem anywhere near as crisp as HD content normally looks.

It's an Athlon 64x2 4400, 2 gigs of ram, the video card is only a Geforce 7300, but it is HDCP compliant and it plays back most other things without any problem.

I've tried ripping the disc to the hard drive and playing it back, and it just does the same thing. Am I missing something? Did I miss a step to enable it to play back at it's full HD resolution? Is there a way to tell what size it's actually displaying at? Am I just overlooking something simple?

Try setting the res to 1366x1050 or more. This will make it at 1080p.

Try setting the res to 1366x1050 or more. This will make it at 1080p.

Well, that's the thing, the display doesn't do anything higher than 720p. But the video coming out of the player isn't even as nice as the 720p stuff I've downloaded, such as movie trailers or the Mac vs. PC commercials. When I open up one of these files, it takes up the whole screen even in windowed mode, but this takes up maybe 1/3rd of the screen space, possibly less, and it doesn't look anywhere near as nice when blown up to full screen.

Back