• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD DVD Question

Is this a dvd? blu-ray or uhd. As far as I know there is no such thing as a HD-dvd. If your talking about uhd- your drive will not read uhd- I think you need a new drive which can read uhd!

P.S. I was a mod until I stepped down. There IS NO HD DVD forum so there's no appropriate place to put this thread. Leave the mod'ing to the ACTUAL MODS of which you are not one.

If you look I posted near the top with what a hd-dvd is! where can you get hd-dvds there is no forum for hd-dvds here. He is using a blu-ray drive which can not read HD-DVDS.

No, he's not. He's using an HD DVD drive. This format has been dead for 14 years but a lot of us still have them kicking around, AnyDVD still supports decrypting them, and many of us regarded HD DVD as a superior format to blu-ray. But, we lost that war. Doesn't mean our discs are useless. Except the ones that can no longer be read anymore. I have several drives in my collection that read HD DVD but mostly use my Xbox 360 HD DVD drive as a USB drive when I need to read them.

Updating the firmware isn't likely to help. These discs apparently suffer disc rot. Remember that a lot of them were dual sided with DVD on one side and HD DVD on the other. They basically glued the layers together and I think over time that isn't awesome for these discs. It's a shame, really. I feel your pain.

In addition for the use of dvdisaster:

To use dvdisaster you MUST exit AnyDVD before using it. Then click Lesen (Read). It will then make a raw ISO of the disc. If it is successfull you have only green dots at the end of the process. Now you can load this ISO in Virtualclonedrive and have AnyDVD processing it.

I only see the linux version available for download. Can you point me towards a windows download for DVDisaster?

Sourceforce can be slow going at times. It loads for me, with a bit of a delay of a couple of seconds.

That can happen occasionally as well. Looks like Sourceforge is doing a server update. Refresh the page until the real page finally loads.

Back