• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD-DVD disks?

the format war will be interesting to watch. i think blu-ray has the upper hand

the format war will be interesting to watch. i think blu-ray has the upper hand

I hope that blueray fails. Sony will never tire of making proprietary formats. And with HD-DVDs cracked and HD-DVD drives on the cheap it will ultimately come down to what the consumers buy.

No. Decrypting isn't everything AnyDVD does. And if you ever watched a HD DVD disc, you really want the "skip FBI warning and other bullshit" option.
Some HD DVDs don't even play on PC players, because of wrong parental settings and bugs in the player software.
I am currently learning how navigation works on HD DVDs, so Blu-Ray support may be added when AnyDVD HD is finished.
Or Blu-Ray support won't be added at all. I don't know yet.
AnyDVD HD is currently a program to "watch high definition discs on a PC", not to make backups. Where would you make them? On writable media more expensive than a second original disc?
With AnyDVD HD you will be able to watch HD DVDs without a new HDCP capable graphics card and a new HDCP capable monitor.

SAWEEEEETTTTT!
This will make it so it will be easier to adopt. With all the negative press that Sony has been receiving, it is going to make it that much harder for Sony now. Also, HD DVD can do 51 GB now with a triple layer format.:bowdown: to the slysoft team for working so hard for us!

Also, HD DVD can do 51 GB now with a triple layer format.
Yes, but not for prerecorded movie discs as current players will not play 3 layer HD DVDs.

I own both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD players. The Blu-Ray picture quality is HORRIBLE compared to the HD-DVD's. Most people don't know this, but Microsoft was originally a Blu-Ray backer, but when they saw the first batch of videos on the Blu-Ray they were disgusted. Then when the Blu-Ray camp slowly began going back on a lot of the specs that they were promising, Microsoft bailed and went to HD-DVD - a format they felt was superior in quality. I believe Microsoft knows a little bit more about this than the Sony hacks. And I now can confirm this after comparing the two players. The only reason I buy a Blu-Ray disk now, is if the movie isn't available in HD-DVD. I will even wait a couple of months if it is going to be available down the road. Most people who are in the Blu-Ray camp are just Sony slappy's. There is no way anyone comparing the quality of the two could legitametly side with Blu-Ray. Most people toughting BR have never compared the two.

Back