• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD DVD copy problems

snuffy

I have been trying to copy some of my HD DVD titles to my PC hard drive, and had some problems. In general, I am wondering if HD DVD discs are not pressed well, or if they typically have some kind of pressing based protection. To be specific, it seems strange to me that clean discs (these are my personal discs, not rentals) have so many problems in being copied.

In particular, I am trying to copy A Clockwork Orange in HD DVD, and I keep getting a fatal error on the first feature.evo at about 10 gb (out of 12gb). Is this a common problem with this disc, or do I have a problem disc? It plays OK when I load up PowerDVD or use the external HD DVD drive with the Xbox 360. (Note: with imgburn the error came across as a CRC redundancy check problem).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:
I have been trying to copy some of my HD DVD titles to my PC hard drive, and had some problems. In general, I am wondering if HD DVD discs are not pressed well, or if they typically have some kind of pressing based protection. To be specific, it seems strange to me that clean discs (these are my personal discs, not rentals) have so many problems in being copied.

In particular, I am trying to copy A Clockwork Orange in HD DVD, and I keep getting a fatal error on the first feature.evo at about 10 gb (out of 12gb). Is this a common problem with this disc, or do I have a problem disc? It plays OK when I load up PowerDVD or use the external HD DVD drive with the Xbox 360. (Note: with imgburn the error came across as a CRC redundancy check problem).

Thanks for your thoughts.
Sounds like a bad original disc - try returning it for a replacement. Playing is more tolerant of this kind of problem than ripping.

Back