• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hd/DVD & Blue Ray Disc

lawdawg42

what is the diffrence between these two formats? how will this effect the old dvd's? and will the regular dvd's be replaced with the new hddvd & the blue ray disc's?

what is the diffrence between these two formats? how will this effect the old dvd's? and will the regular dvd's be replaced with the new hddvd & the blue ray disc's?

In general terms, it's the difference between Beta vs VHS, PC vs MAC. Blu-Ray is a Sony proprietary that they want to be the only HD format. HDDVD is open to all. IMO with the expense of HD and Blu-Ray and the cost of the equipment to play them, I don't think regular DVD will be going away any time soon.

I am of the same opinion as mmdavis. Don't look for regular DVD's to disappear any time soon. D/L has been around for a good while and it is still a failing market. I believe there may be something better in the future but not in the near future. Regular DVD's are still a very viable and cost efficient media.

Back