• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD DVD and Blu-ray support responses

roog

I'm creating this thread so everyone can post HD DVD and Blu-ray support responses.

Liteon LH-2B1S Blu-ray drive support response

I asked Liteon if they were going to release firmware for the LH-2B1S that would allow me to burn 50 GB Blu-ray discs and here's their response unedited:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for contacting LiteON IT Support.

Sorry this drive doesn't support burn 50 GB blu-ray discs, and we don't have firmware for it.

If you have additional questions, please let us know!
When responding, DO please include all regarding details and previous emails.
We know your time is valuable and hope for a prompt resolution to your inquiry.
Further information, please visit LiteON IT Corp official web site - www.liteonit.com
Your sincerely,

HD DVD.

One and only.

Why didn't you make it a poll?

If you don't want to create a thread for that purpose, I will. I have some experiences, mostly regarding Blu-ray, that I would be happy to post.

Last edited:
what do u think the out come is going to be hd dvd or blue ray i think since blockbuster is going with blue ray, i think it is going to win the battle what do u think?

what do u think the out come is going to be hd dvd or blue ray i think since blockbuster is going with blue ray, i think it is going to win the battle what do u think?

Like James, I wish it was HD DVD, but the reality is that Blu-ray is going to have the most titles available. IMHO, the only hope is that Microsoft will enter an antirust suit against the movie studios to require them to issue movies in both formats.

If you don't want to create a thread for that purpose, I will. I have some experiences, mostly regarding Blu-ray, that I would be happy to post.

I guess I misunderstood the original point.

I think I did not talk to ANY tech support people since 1994.

Except when I needed to return or exchange something.

Sorry for the confusion.

IMHO, the only hope is that Microsoft will enter an antirust suit against the movie studios to require them to issue movies in both formats.
LMAO! What a splendid idea! :D

Like James, I wish it was HD DVD, but the reality is that Blu-ray is going to have the most titles available. IMHO, the only hope is that Microsoft will enter an antirust suit against the movie studios to require them to issue movies in both formats.

But a lot of the 'Blu-ray' only titles in the USA are coming out in europe and Asia on HD-dvd as well, seems to be mainly disney that are sticking 100% to the 1 format

Back