• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBOMAX Widevine License Missing

WhatsAMattaU

Per title suggests.. this is the error AS is giving me when trying to do anything in HM.. AP hit and miss as well, but NF,D,H all seem to be working.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
It works fine for everyone else. Let the devs look at your log file thank you for providing it. I would try it again now, dev made some small changes

It works fine for everyone else. Let the devs look at your log file thank you for providing it. I would try it again now, dev made some small changes
Tried it Randomly the past few days.. same issue...

The actual error that AS+ gives is: "Couldn't retrieve playlist. The title may not be available or requires payment. Check the log for details."

I check the log and it shows:

00:00:07.574 - [Warning] [hbomax] Widevine license url missing
00:00:07.574 - [Error] [hbomax] manifest URL missing
00:00:07.574 - [Error] [hbomax] No playback marker or videoId found

Tried this on older HM titles as well as newer.

This is on 1.2.8.0 64bit.. on Windows 11, with an 11th Gen CPU (if that matters)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Same happening here... Lots of crap not working correctly. HBO not working, Hulu is mostly greyed out movies, AP hit and miss plus the low rez issue. Even D+ has issues. Grabbed Eternals but it was 1280x720. Garbage... Quite a few Marvel TV series are standard res now too. No HD. The Devs sure have a lot of stuff to fix...

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.9.0.astlog
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Same happening here... Lots of crap not working correctly. HBO not working, Hulu is mostly greyed out movies, AP hit and miss plus the low rez issue. Even D+ has issues. Grabbed Eternals but it was 1280x720. Garbage... Quite a few Marvel TV series are standard res now too. No HD. The Devs sure have a lot of stuff to fix...

I would recommend upgrading to 1.2.9.2 (or newer if an update is released after this post) which restored the ability to get 1080p content on AP and NF (compared to 1.2.9.0) when the keys are available and downgrades the resolution for content that can't yet be decrypted at 1080p. HM should be working correctly also. I just pulled down the first 3 episodes of Peacemaker in 1080p and they play fine.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure D+ has always been limited to max 720p. The Hulu greyed out selections issue has been known for a while and some have posted a couple workaround to allow downloading.

Download 64bit:
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.2.9.2_64bit.exe

Download 32bit:
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.2.9.2_32bit.exe

Changelog AnyStream

1.2.9.2 2021-01-13
  • fix: Prime goes into an endless loop when configuring certain titles

1.2.9.1 2021-01-12
  • improvement: this version brings back a lot of 1080p content for Netflix and Amazon, but most new titles remain SD. We are still working on bringing HD back entirely
  • many behind-the-scenes changes and fixes
  • updated languages

Last edited:

All disney+ is limited to 720p.

I was aware of the beta, but generally avoid them unless no choice. However, I went ahead and installed it in this case.

First movie attempted from HBOMax received this failure message on "The Last Dual". Tried Season 3 of the "Doom Patrol". Same error. The old original (modern) "Batman". Same thing. HBOMax is still broken. Log attached.

upload_2022-1-15_18-43-1.png

Switched to D+. Was able to pull down "My Favorite Martian" at HD quality. Same with "Secret Society of Second-Born Royals".

Switch to Netflix. Successfully pulled down "Fool's Gold" at HD quality. The new "Karate Kid" had a SD res so skipped it. Lastly I tried "The Last Boy Scout" and it was full HD.

Switched to Hulu. Scrolled way down the selections past all the greyed out entries to Newly Added Movies. Grabbed "Armageddon" and "Arrival", both at a res of 1280x720.

Finally switched to AP. Looked at "Firewalker". Max res is 960x520. Didn't bother with it. Pulled down "Predator". Had an odd res of 1920 x 1040. Similar res issue with "Beyond White Space". Had a res of 1920x816.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.9.2.astlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I was aware of the beta, but generally avoid them unless no choice. However, I went ahead and installed it in this case.

First movie attempted from HBOMax received this failure message on "The Last Dual". Tried Season 3 of the "Doom Patrol". Same error. The old original (modern) "Batman". Same thing. HBOMax is still broken. Log attached.

View attachment 62734

Switched to D+. Was able to pull down "My Favorite Martian" at HD quality. Same with "Secret Society of Second-Born Royals".

Switch to Netflix. Successfully pulled down "Fool's Gold" at HD quality. The new "Karate Kid" had a SD res so skipped it. Lastly I tried "The Last Boy Scout" and it was full HD.

Switched to Hulu. Scrolled way down the selections past all the greyed out entries to Newly Added Movies. Grabbed "Armageddon" and "Arrival", both at a res of 1280x720.

Finally switched to AP. Looked at "Firewalker". Max res is 960x520. Didn't bother with it. Pulled down "Predator". Had an odd res of 1920 x 1040. Similar res issue with "Beyond White Space". Had a res of 1920x816.

neither 1920x1040 nor 1920x816 are odd resolutions those are cinematic aspect ratios amazon just crops off what would be black space on a lot of their files.

View attachment 62734

The log shows when AS is attempting to retrieve URL's from HM that it is not getting any URL's back from the provider. I'm assuming you can view the movie in a web browser? Do you have any network/security tools active that could mess with traffic from HM? Or maybe it's a regional issue especially if you're using VPN? If not then you might try closing AS and clearing the registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\hbomax) and/or logging out of HM and log back in if the web browser works for the movie.

upload_2022-1-15_19-41-18.png

I attempted "The Last Duel" on HM again and same issue. I checked my RPI and no blocks, but for shits and giggles I wildcard whitelisted all related HM domains (2 of them). I then logged into HM directly and was able to start viewing the movie. I stopped it less then a minute in, switched back to AS and tried again. Was able to D/L it normally that time. So I checked another movie and it worked as well. Cookie maybe? I added all HM related cookies to my safe list as well just in case. Time will tell...

Thanks for all the assistance folks!

neither 1920x1040 nor 1920x816 are odd resolutions those are cinematic aspect ratios amazon just crops off what would be black space on a lot of their files.

Most of them on Amazon in 1.78:1 are Open Matte (Not Cropped - More visible on the top on bottom of the screen) Specially few channel like Stars, AMC+ and HBO and more in Europe usually 25fps.

There is some Pan and Scan as well (Cropped) but not typically. I did download almost 1000 titles whiteout black bars on top and button and all of them are Open Matte version of those movies are cropped up to 40% of visible area on blu-rays and in cinemas.

Back