• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved HBOMAX login not working

When I try to login to HBO, I'm stuck on the login screen - no errors, it just never leaves the screen after pressing signin. I do not use a provider, just a direct login. Login via edge or chrome does work fine.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.3.1.astlog
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
I have uninstalled AnyStream and reinstalled. Hulu also doesn't let me in (it says unable to log in, at least), although edge and chrome do. Amazon, Netflix, and Disney+ seem fine.

Attachments

357 KB · Views: 1
You cant use Hulu because you have the version with ads, you need the No Ads subscription. If you can log into Hulu on your browser make sure you agree to all the terms and conditions. Then make a profile. Then make sure you do not have a children's profile set. You may want to change your password.

The same issue is present for HBOMax, you need a NoAds subscription. Do not use anything but letters in your password. You may have to change your password after you update your subscription.

No VPN in use. I've check both Hulu and HBO, and both are "No ads" subscriptions. Both have profiles (been using them for quite a while). The passwords are complex, but they have been working fine - I'll change them to letters and see if that helps.

Making the password alphanumeric only worked for Hulu, but did not make a difference for HBOMAX. Nor did shortening the password.

Attachments

169.6 KB · Views: 0
Uninstalled and reinstalled AnyStream to make sure cache was cleared. Hulu logged in, HBOMAX did not. Nor did Disney - yes, I have the bundle and know the passwords are the same. I have verified I can get into Hulu, Disney and HBOMAX in Edge and Chrome.

Attachments

447.4 KB · Views: 1
maybe you have too many people logged in, go to HBO, log out from all browsers and try that AS to log in

I signed out of all devices (for HBO) and tried signing in with AnyStream - it still didn't work.

Thank you to all helping, it is very much appreciated.

Did you upgrade to the noAds version on HBOMax? I am not sure that will help with the login but once you are logged in you wont be able to download with the Ads subscription.

I signed out of all devices (for HBO) and tried signing in with AnyStream - it still didn't work.

Thank you to all helping, it is very much appreciated.
For some odd reason, HBOMax doesn't believe it's you, they enabled a temporary Recaptcha, it will most probably reset in a few hours. Clear all your cookies in your browser. ( Its showing too many log in attempts)

I assumed uninstalling and reinstalling was the only way to clear the browser cache in AnyStream? I did that after posting the last log file. I should have included another, my apologies.
I have had the no ads versions of HBO and Hulu for at least two years now, and have confirmed they are both still ad free.
I'll wait a few hours and try again.

I also installed AnyStream on my laptop (brand new install), with the same issues seen.

Thanks again for all your help

I assumed uninstalling and reinstalling was the only way to clear the browser cache in AnyStream? I did that after posting the last log file. I should have included another, my apologies.
I have had the no ads versions of HBO and Hulu for at least two years now, and have confirmed they are both still ad free.
I'll wait a few hours and try again.

I also installed AnyStream on my laptop (brand new install), with the same issues seen.

Thanks again for all your help
Don't worry, we will get it sorted, sometimes HBO is finicky, once you get logged in, there is no reason to ever log out.

I removed the cache folder and tried again. This fixed Disney. HBO still didn't like me. I pretended to subscribe, and, on the create account screen, pressed the "Sign in" at the top. This took me to a different sign in page, which let me in. Once viewing my account, I was able to press "take me to HBO/Max" at the bottom. All is well now.

Thank you to all who helped, especially RedFox 1.

I removed the cache folder and tried again. This fixed Disney. HBO still didn't like me. I pretended to subscribe, and, on the create account screen, pressed the "Sign in" at the top. This took me to a different sign in page, which let me in. Once viewing my account, I was able to press "take me to HBO/Max" at the bottom. All is well now.

Sounds great. Enjoy the software.;)

That's the same trick I use when Netflix doesn't let me login. I guess it works with HBO as well. From this thread
If you are having trouble signing in to NF (you keep getting the "wrong password" error or something similar), try this trick.
When AS gives you the sign-in page, click on the "sign up" button instead of inputting your login and pass, and then when the sign-up page appears, click on the Sign-In button on the top right corner. You should then be able to sign in just fine. It's worked for me quite a few times.

Last edited:
Back