HBO, Showtime, and BET Channel on Prime

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by NutFlush920, Mar 4, 2021.

1. VonB.

VonB. Member

Cinemax has a lead-in that can be trimmed off and no logo in the corner. Not sure about BET.

2. SAF

SAF Well-Known Member

Has anyone Tried Discovery+ through AP yet? if so, what resolution are you getting with AS downloads, any logos, etc..
    Thanks

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Unless thats an amazon prime video channel, NOBODY has. There is no support yet for a standalone Discovery+ provider.

4. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I have Discovery+ through AP and it all in 1080P. I also have Hulu ( sharing with my son) and no logo either but even if there was what's the difference you don't even pay attention to them.

SAF likes this.
  5. SAF

SAF Well-Known Member

Thank you, @RedFox 1. I think that I'll go ahead and get it through AP

6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I am not sure if its a region thing, so try and find out first.They have a 7 day trial I think.

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

If RedFox 1 has it through AP, then i can guarantee you it will work as the main platform still is Prime Video and prime video is supported (or any video channel on AP, i had britbox for a while. Worked perfectly! Now as to your other question about resolutions, i'm afraid that's out of AnyStreams control. AS grabs the playlist file mentioning the available video resolutions, audio and subtitle tracks and wraps them in a GUI for you to pick what you want out of. If for example the video you're looking at on Disc+ is only available at 480p, then AS cannot give you 720p for example. AS only shows what's its being told is available.

8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Where I am everything except Disney is 1080p. So use the trials , everything on AP had them.I looked and I cant find any gambling channels like BET on my TV or streaming. Have no idea what it is.

9. NutFlush920

NutFlush920 Well-Known Member

BET is Black Entertainment Television. I did the Prime Channel trial and saw no logos or intros for that matter. I grabbed the movie House Party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedFox 1 likes this.
  10. yrgnd

yrgnd Well-Known Member

HBO is 10 secs. Starz is 12 seconds, Filmrise is 6, AMC+ is 7. I only care because it throws off external SRT subtitles in Plex.

Just so that you're all aware there is a delogo filter in ffmpeg that can remove those watermarks. I couldn't care less if that pops up in the corner so I don't bother with it for this purpose, but I have used it before and its not perfect but it does work.

delogo-1024x572.png

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 10:47 PM
    RedFox 1 likes this.
  11. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I never saw a logo but if I did, it wouldn't bother me. But I liked your post, I learned something.

12. zanetti

zanetti Active Member

have both standalone and via prime channels, second one because i want some shows and AS doesnt support standalone. thus far, ive downloaded HGTV, FOOD NETWORK and DISCOVERY shows and i havent noticed any logo at all. mind you, AFAIK there are no movies on DISCOVERY+, but i could be wrong.

SAF likes this.
  13. SAF

SAF Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'd want it for the TV Series. Pretty much of all the TV Series that we watch is on Discovery Channels.

14. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

They do have some great stuff on that channel

15. SAF

SAF Well-Known Member

YUP, and they supposedly stream the latest TV episodes before their cable channels broadcast them.

RedFox 1 likes this.
  16. Lowpro

Lowpro Well-Known Member

Starz blows. I signed up for a free trial period through Amazon. Everything I checked out had their stupid logo fading in and out down in the lower right corner. Didn't bother downloading anything. Cancelled before the trial period ended. Should have known not to bother. Never subscribed to Starz via DirecTV over the years for the same reason. Guess some things never change.

17. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I agree 100%. Starz is a rip-off, I dont blame people for using the trial but after that you know they have nothing of interest, the channel only exists because of that drug dealer show " Power" and that's not what most people are interested in, at least I hope not.:cry:

18. Zoltan Sallay

Zoltan Sallay Member

:D
    In the hole Amazon Universe ONLY the US Starz use burned logo system
    But Sarz has no logo on other countries like UK or German an others, only in the US.

19. yrgnd

yrgnd Well-Known Member

Well then they've accomplished exactly what they wanted to. I have no issue with it because they have tons of good movies.

20. Lowpro

Lowpro Well-Known Member

Driving potential subscribers away is all they've accomplished. It's not like someone is going to not subscribe unless Starz constantly flashes their logo on the screen. As for having good movies, there are other sources to watch the movies they offer that are free of provider logos/watermarks. To each his own naturally.

whatever_gong82 likes this.