• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBO Max - Unable to login

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
Just tried to check out HBO Max. Not able to login. Log is attached. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7.astlog
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
same (US)
Verified the user and password
Verified that they both work on the HBO(max) website
There is a disconnect between the program and the website logging in somehow

Same
ReCaptcha maybe?

Code:
00:00:00.153 - [Notice] AnyStream version 1.1.5.7
00:00:10.290 - [Debug] [tabs] Tab changed
00:00:10.290 - [Debug] [tabs] Checking for matching provider...
00:00:10.290 - [Debug] [tabs] Create new panel for HBOmax
00:00:10.292 - [Debug] [hbomax] not using proxy
00:00:10.302 - [Debug] [tabs] New provider widget: HBOmax
00:00:10.303 - [Debug] [tabs] HBOmax panel loaded.
00:00:10.895 - [Debug] [Recaptcha] Setting up the webchannel.
00:00:10.896 - [Debug] [Recaptcha] Login form loaded.
00:00:12.179 - [Debug] [Recaptcha webchannel] Event handler set.
00:00:12.180 - [Debug] [Recaptcha webchannel] Script appended.
00:00:12.181 - [Debug] [Recaptcha webchannel] Channel is ready
00:00:27.638 - [Debug] [Recaptcha webchannel] Login button clicked.
00:00:33.796 - [Error] [hbomax] Error receiving: 201 (403) Error transferring https://oauth-us.api.hbo.com/auth/tokens - server replied: Forbidden, https://oauth-us.api.hbo.com/auth/tokens
00:00:33.796 - [Error] [hbomax] {"code":0,"message":"Request failed the Recaptcha check","status":403,"type":"RecaptchaCheckFailedError"}
00:00:33.907 - [Error] [hbomax] Error receiving: 204 (401) Host requires authentication, https://sessions-us.api.hbo.com/sessions/v1/clientConfig
00:00:33.907 - [Error] [hbomax] Unauthorized
00:00:33.907 - [Error] [hbomax] Failed to get token for grant type user_name_password

Edit: My subscription to HBOMax is through Hulu US but I have my own login to HBOMax.

Attachments

2.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's coincidental, or a workaround. I tried to reproduce the problem and observed the following phenomenon.
1. Started AnyStream.
2. Tried to log into HBO max and was denied,
3. Closed AnyStream (File-Exit)
4. Started AnyStream again and voilà - I was logged into HBO Max

Worked three times so far after I logged out of HBO Max

Didn't work for me, either as that was the first thing I tried.

i am getting the same error as SamuriHL. But I get HBO Max through my provider. So I have to be able select my provider and use those credentials. Not sure if AnyStream is capable of doing that.

Attachments

1.3 MB · Views: 3
i am getting the same error as SamuriHL. But I get HBO Max through my provider. So I have to be able select my provider and use those credentials. Not sure if AnyStream is capable of doing that.
After signing in via your provider in a browser, you can go into your account and set a password to use with the email address attached to your account.
Edit: and like others here, I cannot sign into HBOMax through Anystream.

I signed in just fine, working like it should, no ads plans.HBO.png

I also can't login, using the website directly works fine so I guess the issue is not related to my VPN

Maybe recaptcha stuff is regional or glitchy (?). I keep exiting and retrying in the hopes something magically changes, but no luck so far. Login through Chrome / Firefox / Edge all work fine...not Anystream.

It's clearly Google's recaptcha rejecting you guys. It's a bit of a mystery what recaptcha (it's the invisible type) checks for, but maybe make sure, you wiggle around with the mouse enough and maybe type (don't copy&paste) username and passwords.
I did tons of login attempts during implementation and it didn't fail once for me, so I'm a bit puzzled as to what the difference may be.

It's clearly Google's recaptcha rejecting you guys. It's a bit of a mystery what recaptcha (it's the invisible type) checks for, but maybe make sure, you wiggle around with the mouse enough and maybe type (don't copy&paste) username and passwords.
I did tons of login attempts during implementation and it didn't fail once for me, so I'm a bit puzzled as to what the difference may be.
Tried lots of mouse wiggles and have not copy/pasted anything in any of my attempts :(

Back