• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBO Max Languages

Jaaaamie

Hello

I have been downloading all the Elm Street films from HBO Max. Absolutely no issues! Except for some reason, 4 isn’t on the American version. They have every film, except 4. Which is frustrating!

Using Justwatch. I can see it’s on the Brazilian and Argentine versions of HBO Max. Using Nord, I managed to download it.

I downloaded it in English audio. My question is, without having to go through the entire film, is everything in English? Like there won’t be signs or billboards in Spanish or something in the background?

Does HBO use the same file for different regions?

Thank you!

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those are of the Horror genre, I don't watch those, but I would think whatever AnyStream scanned on their website should be there, let me see if I can get Pete to do another scan to see if we missed 4. I will absolutely look into it. Sorry, Jamie.

Those are of the Horror genre, I don't watch those, but I would think whatever AnyStream scanned on their website should be there, let me see if I can get Pete to do another scan to see if we missed 4. I will absolutely look into it. Sorry, Jamie.

No, it’s not an AnyStream issue. 4 isn’t on the American version. Must be licensing. It’s on the other versions.

In terms of availability, the fourth movie isn’t available in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it’s not an AnyStream issue. 4 isn’t on the American version. Must be licensing. It’s on the other versions.

I understand Jamie, thanks.:) There are about 500,000 movies and 10 times that amount of shows and episodes, I thought we may have missed one but I see that's not the case. I am a little OCD about collecting stuff and I know it bothers people not to have the whole collection.

Hello

I have been downloading all the Elm Street films from HBO Max. Absolutely no issues! Except for some reason, 4 isn’t on the American version. They have every film, except 4. Which is frustrating!

Using Justwatch. I can see it’s on the Brazilian and Argentine versions of HBO Max. Using Nord, I managed to download it.

I downloaded it in English audio. My question is, without having to go through the entire film, is everything in English? Like there won’t be signs or billboards in Spanish or something in the background?

Does HBO use the same file for different regions?

Thank you!

Jamie

Jamie...at most, you'd see a foreign title possibly. My experience with most WB movies is that any sign or other English language reference on the screen would appear in a forced subtitle
for that country. So...if there were a billboard that said "Buy AnyStream Now"....a forced subtitle at the bottom would appear stating billboard..."xxx language - buy AS now"
Most companies also leave the original title as is and do a forced subtitle for that too...Universal Pictures seems to be an exception. WB tends to only master one or two copies now...not even
region locked. Usually one will have English, Spanish, and possible another few languages like Portuguese and the other would have the rest of the languages available.

Since you have English as the default language...no forced subtitle would appear.

Another possible way to tell is the Framerate. If it's 23.976....you are getting the US version. If it's 25 FPS, it's the European version. (Roughly Speaking)

Last edited:
Jamie...at most, you'd see a foreign title possibly. My experience with most WB movies is that any sign or other English language reference on the screen would appear in a forced subtitle
for that country. So...if there were a billboard that said "Buy AnyStream Now"....a forced subtitle at the bottom would appear stating billboard..."xxx language - buy AS now"
Most companies also leave the original title as is and do a forced subtitle for that too...Universal Pictures seems to be an exception. WB tends to only master one or two copies now...not even
region locked. Usually one will have English, Spanish, and possible another few languages like Portuguese and the other would have the rest of the languages available.

Since you have English as the default language...no forced subtitle would appear.

Another possible way to tell is the Framerate. If it's 23.976....you are getting the US version. If it's 25 FPS, it's the European version. (Roughly Speaking)

Thank you!

Back