• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion HBO Max has successfully downloaded 4K

Today using 1.4.8.0 I was able to download The Christmas Story Christmas and the TV Show House of the Dragon full season in 4K. It is great to see this working.
I am extremely happy to see the forum members happy.;)

Today using 1.4.8.0 I was able to download The Christmas Story Christmas and the TV Show House of the Dragon full season in 4K. It is great to see this working.
What about amazon, netflix,hulu and amazon? Is 4k supported yet?

I am sure RF1 can give you the low down on that but I can tell you they have said that is probably not going to happen. HM 4k support is more or less a fluke.
We will always do our best to give you the best quality we can offer, but my gut tells me these are one-of-a-kind loopholes, enjoy them while you can.:)

I am sure RF1 can give you the low down on that but I can tell you they have said that is probably not going to happen. HM 4k support is more or less a fluke.
They all use L1 DRM

Last edited:
Hopefully they will do soon

Having a few titles in HBO available in 4k is not new. It's been there since AS has been available for HBO. As it was explained to me there is some "hole" in their DRM implementation that allows this. Redfox1 states that 4k might one day be possible but more or less is not probable. That is how I understand it.

Having a few titles in HBO available in 4k is not new. It's been there since AS has been available for HBO. As it was explained to me there is some "hole" in their DRM implementation that allows this. Redfox1 states that 4k might one day be possible but more or less is not probable. That is how I understand it.
4K is the providers bread and butter, they may tolerate 1080p but I fear, and this is just me talking not Redfox, that they will start to put their foot down if we enabled all 4K downloads, This is just my opinion. ;)

They all use L1 DRM
Can anyone explain to me and non -experts like I am what L1 DRM means?

second question:
If my television catches 4K Stream, why can't I catch the same stream on a PC?
Exist an PC emulator ? There works a encoding ? I do not need deep answers but I would like to know at least flying view to the problem.
:sick:

No we can't explain it, all you need to know it's there's 3 levels. L1 the highest, L3 the lowest. The higher the number, the better the resolution. 4k requires L1 and that's near impossible encryption to crack.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

4K is the providers bread and butter, they may tolerate 1080p but I fear, and this is just me talking not Redfox, that they will start to put their foot down if we enabled all 4K downloads, This is just my opinion. ;)

In addition to that as far as I can tell the providers transcode down/compress their 4k streams pretty hard. For me I want the "full glory" of the 4k. For example. A typical 4k file from HM is around 15GB. A full on movie in 4k without transcoding is generally at least 50GB if not larger (my lossless 1080p files are around 30GB). My point being that for me personally I don't really care about the providers 4k at this time. That's just my take on it of course.

No we can't explain it, all you need to know it's there's 3 levels. L1 the highest, L3 the lowest. The higher the number, the better the resolution. 4k requires L1 and that's near impossible encryption to crack.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
not impossible, because its already been done and hbo 4k was moved to L1 so it should now be possible for netflix, amazon, hulu, disney+, appletv+ etc etc etc to be added and supported for it aswell they just need to enable it on the server side of anystream, HBOMax updated there drm to l1 for 720p, 1080p and 4k, nothings impossible!! isnt that right @Pete ;)

Last edited:
not impossible, because its already been done and hbo 4k was moved to L1 so it should now be possible for netflix, amazon, hulu, disney+, appletv+ etc etc etc to be added and supported for it aswell they just need to enable it on the server side of anystream, HBOMax updated there drm to l1 for 720p, 1080p and 4k, nothings impossible!! isnt that right @Pete ;)
He didn't say it was impossible, he said it was near impossible, why do you think no one else has done it? If they had done it, you wouldn't be here, you would be there, so don't be so sure of yourself. You are wrong. Finding an L1 that works with 4K is not an easy task, even then you have to crack it.

He didn't say it was impossible, he said it was near impossible, why do you think no one else has done it? If they had done it, you wouldn't be here, you would be there, so don't be so sure of yourself. You are wrong. Finding an L1 that works with 4K is not an easy task, even then you have to crack it.
Pete told me he was working on a plan a few months back hopefully his plan worked

Back