• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Having Weird Issue With Wrong "Display" and "Refresh Rate," Getting Desperate

brz1980

Hoping someone can help. Running 1.8.8.0 and MPC on Windows 8.1 x64. A while back I experienced a strange and very annoying problem with my old setup (Windows 7 x 64) where ReClock had a crazy (and wrong) "display" and "refresh rate" showing on Properties during playback of a movie (see screenshot Untitled.jpg), and now it's happening again. Instead of 1366x768@59hz or something like that, it's showing a very long number for the "hz". This in turn is causing crazy tearing and other problems. Have tried the numerous things below to try to get it to normal, but nothing is working. Already wasted hours tonight and running out of ideas, has anyone experienced this problem? Would be very grateful for a fix as this is basically preventing me from using my HTPC.

1. Running Windows System Restore
2. Uninstalling and reinstalling latest Nvidia drivers (my card is a GTX770)
3. Running "clean timings" and "clean frame rates" options within ReClock
4. Uninstalling and reinstalling ReClock
5. Manually deleting entire ReClock registry folder under HKEY\Current Users\Software

One last thing, I suspect this may have been caused by my running software called Logmein, which acts similarly to Remote Desktop, as that software installed a video driver that was listed under "Displays" alongside the Nvidia card, but I've deleted this program since this problem occurred and still nothing.

Last edited:
..and still nothing.

Hi,
did you fix your issue with wrong refresh rate please?

I have similar issue... my PC shows 60Hz in AMD Catalyst driver, but actually refreshing at 110.457841 or other simillar refresh. Both Reclock and madVR are reporting that display refreshes at crazy refresh rates and I cant play any video. Additionally, the refresh rates showed by Reclock and madVR change slightly with each PC restart.

Today I started the PC and got this
http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Plutotype/media/RRproblemReclock_zps0410cb96.jpg.html

Then I restarted the PC again and got this:
http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Plutotype/media/RRiisue2_zps4fd78601.png.html

I have tried to swap my GPU ( AMD5670 for a brand new HD6670 ), but no change. Tried to re-flash BIOS but it didnt help. Also I tried to clean-up the Reclock databases, no success. Im on CCC 13.12, tried 13.4, but it didnt help. It started a couple of weeks ago, but it was like 1 out of 10 PC starts the refresh rate was incorrect. I didnt pay attention to it, but after Christmas ( PC stayed off for 3 weeks during the holidays ) it turned out to be screwed 10 out of 10 PC starts. The PC has been in operation more than 1000 days now ( 3.5year ).

Im afraid clean install of Windows 7 could help, but what if not?
Thanks for any advise.

If you force use of HPET only, does anything improve?

1. Ensure HPET (High Performance Event Timer) is enabled in BIOS
  2. Open Administrative CMD Prompt
  3. bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
  4. Reboot PC

If it doesn't help, you can revert back to the Windows default HPET/TSC hybrid timer by:

3. bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
  4. Reboot PC

Last edited:
If you force use of HPET only, does anything improve?

3. bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
  4. Reboot PC

If it doesn't help, you can revert back to the Windows default HPET/TSC hybrid timer by:

3. bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
  4. Reboot PC

Thanks Cyberbeing,

You wont believe, but I found this solution already yesterday without looking here - better said ToastyX ( creator of the CRU utility ) has navigated me. And I just wanted to post the results here, but you were faster. Because it works!

What I did: I disabled HPET in BIOS, rebooted. Then I have re-enabled it in BIOS and put 64-bit precision on it ( was 32-bit before ). Then I used the cmd instruction to activate HPET also in Windows. It is necessary to do it also in Windows, otherwise Windows is not taking HPET as reference clock/timer and using other timers (TSC). This topic helped me:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1075781-tweak-enable-hpet-in-bios-and-os-for-better-performance-and-fps/

Tried 3x restart, rock solid 60Hz. Tried shut the PC down and start, again rock solid. Tried SONY TV @24p, zero dropped frames in 3hours movie.
Interestingly, with HPET disabled, madVR/Reclock on my 60Hz monitor showed 202.149421 Hz. So Im happy that using correctly activated HPET, the clocks work correctly.

What stays a mystery to me - what could cause the clocks worked fine on my PC before and suddenly they went off ( without touching Win / BIOS ). Is Windows a living animal? :)

Thanks for your post, it may help other users.

Pluto

Back