Having Trouble Changing Region Code

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by djorgens, Feb 3, 2008.

1. djorgens

djorgens Member

I am using AnyDVD 6.3.1.2 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5 to back up a disk that originated in Germany. I converted the PAL to NTSC and it plays perfectly on my PC, however, in my DVD player, It says "Playback prohibited by area limitations".
    I tried Imgburn, Ripit4me, DVD Decrypter with no success.
    I'm open to suggestions.
    Thanks

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Using what?

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.1.4: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Do this step with the original disc and your backup:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
    b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
    c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    d) Select "Create Logfile"
    e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
    f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
    g) Go to your My Documents folder
    h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
    i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG]
    j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    m) click "upload"

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  3. djorgens

djorgens Member

This should contain the file requested.

As far as the program used to convert PAL to NTSC, it was quite a while ago, but I think it was ConvertX to DVD. I also used a trial program, but it left a screen water mark on the results.

Attached Files:

4. Webslinger

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  5. djorgens

djorgens Member

Maybe what happened, in my attempt to convert, I copied the files directly to another disk without converting.

What would you recommend to make the conversion?

6. Webslinger

I really don't recommend converting. I feel it's a waste of time and energy (and software conversion does tend to degrade picture quality).

I recommend buying an Oppo standalone dvd player instead that does PAL<>NTSC conversion internally (these players are also region free): click http://www.oppodigital.com/dv981hd/dv981hd_comp.html

I'm guessing you're in Region 1.

7. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Use Nero Recode or Vision can't remember which does the conversion.

8. djorgens

djorgens Member

Charlie,

I've heard that Nero Recode will do it, however, I have Nero Burning Rom 6 without Recode. What is Vision?

Webslinger,

I have several PAL discs that I would like to convert, I have the time and the video resolution is not a concern at this point. I just don't want the expense of the special DVD player right now, but thanks for your suggestions.

As far as the bittsetting change, I have a pioneer DVR-R100, checked the software and don't see anything that would allow me to change it.

9. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Here's where to get Recode and Vision both for version 6. Do not get InCD!

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero6-update.php

10. Webslinger

Ugh.

Well, the DVR-R100 doesn't allow booktype changes for DVD+R nor DVD+RW media. But the drive automatically sets booktype for DVD+R DL discs to "DVD-ROM".

My apologies for not noticing the drive that you were using earlier

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  11. djorgens

djorgens Member

Thanks for the help Webslinger and Charlie, I really appreciate it.