Having the same problem

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by mvl, Apr 14, 2008.

1. mvl

mvl New Member

Just completed a build of a new system.
    Q6600 cpu, Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, 8gb ram, vista ultimate 64bit.
    The moment i start AnyDVD, my USB mouse and keyboard crawl, as if the system is so busy that it can not process mouse movements. Every one or 2 seconds it will process one input event or so. Using keyboard and mouse becomes impossible.

I am a software engineer, so if you need help debugging this issue (in case you can't repro) i am glad (to a limited time investment) to help (running debug build, sending traces etc...)

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you wish to assist them please. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4
    and read fully. Thank you

Ah, I know someone with almost the exact same setup and was having the exact same issue. Here is how I resolved it:

I discovered disconnecting a SATA Pioneer burner stopped the stuttering.

I then updated bios.

I moved the SATA burner off of the orange ICHR9 SATA controller and onto one of the Jmicron (Gigabyte) purple SATA ports.

That stopped the stuttering.

Then I took a look in bios, and I seem to recall switching the SATA port functionality from "AHCI" to "IDE/Raid" (I think).

Also, (and I can't be sure now, because it was few months ago) I think I installed one of the Sata raid drivers from Gigabyte's website

Anyway, that individual with the exact same motherboard, q6600, etc. is no longer having mouse stuttering/system hiccuping (was pretty annoying because the system would only respond about every 3 seconds) issues with Anydvd after I left.

Then I thought about that situation for a while, mulling over a nice mug of apple cider (as I recall) and told that person to RMA his 1.0 motherboard for a 1.1 revision.

Anyway, it was sort of a screwy hardware/driver issue involving the SATA ports on that motherboard.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  3. mvl

mvl New Member

Thank you

Thank you, and sorry, i thought i'd add more content to the issue by showing that there is a repro. Thanks, i'll try your suggestions.