• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Haven't bought yet. How is Anystream overall, are you actually getting 1080p downloads easy?

foxyFinder

I hear good things about Anystream but need to know first hand. Do 1080p downloads just work with no issues? On Amazon Prime Video, can you get videos from other subscriptions on Prime Video (eg. Paramount+ on Prime Video) if you are subscribed to them? Does it work?

I hear playOn breaks all the time. Does Anystream work better?

I just want to know before I buy a lifetime license. I don't want to pay and then have it break/disappear in two years.

I would suggest poking around the threads on the board. If you do you would notice a few things. The program is awesome, works very well and gets very frequent updates. On top of that the support and the community are top notch and just about unmatched.

In my opinion you will find nothing better in this realm.

I hear good things about Anystream but need to know first hand. Do 1080p downloads just work with no issues? On Amazon Prime Video, can you get videos from other subscriptions on Prime Video (eg. Paramount+ on Prime Video) if you are subscribed to them? Does it work?

I just want to know before I buy a lifetime license. I don't want to pay and then have it break/disappear in two years.
There is a trial version for this software.

Please try it out before you decide whether to purchase it or not.

I've been using this software since it first came out a little over a year ago, and I haven't been the least bit disappointed in it, or any RedFox software, for that matter.

But like I said, try out the trial, which is good for about 21 days, and then make your decision.

Never had a problem with Amazon or one of its channels.
PlayOn is not even in the same ballpark....it records last I used it.

There is a trial...please download and give it a test run.

Does 1080p downloads work? Absolutely! I've DL countless 1080p's since I bought the liscence last November. Can one DL from streaming services through Amozan Prime? Yes, I've got a lot of TV shows, movies, documemtaries, etc. through AZ prime.
Cannot say anything about playOn, never used it and have no plans to. As for longevity, anything on the Internet can break and go away at anytime.
The one thing I might add is, the money you spend on a liscence can get you more entertainment that you can imagine. And once you DL something and store it ,you can watch it again at any time without having to buy it again.

[blah blah blah]

And you're willing to trust strangers on the internet to answer that? ;)

If you are worried about RedFox going out of business, just get a yearly license. You can always switch to lifetime later.

I think if you use the trial, your questions will be less blue sky/open-ended and more specific. These are easier for everyone here to answer.

The worst thing that can happen is the providers changing the DRM, limiting AS to SD. But every time that happend, the devs could fix it. So as mentioned, just try it and see if you can get HD before purchasing it.

I just got the trial version. It works excellently. But I do get warnings about Widevine with amazon (a popup). Do I have to worry about putting my amazon account at risk? Is a ban a likely possibility for anyone?

I doubt a ban is likely. Been using this software for quite a while. Downloaded thousands of movies and show episodes. Not a single issue with any providers.

But I do get warnings about Widevine with amazon (a popup).
You shouldn't get this issue unless you clicked onto the play button. You don't need to use it and shouldn't even be able to see it as it is supposed to vanish. Only use the green downloadables button at the top.

Do I have to worry about putting my amazon account at risk? Is a ban a likely possibility for anyone?
As for the ban, no one has ever complained that he got banned and I have never recieved any warning or stuff like that. And I use it set to unlimited, as many others do as well.

I just got the trial version. It works excellently. But I do get warnings about Widevine with amazon (a popup). Do I have to worry about putting my amazon account at risk? Is a ban a likely possibility for anyone?

Hi FoxyFinder,

Are you only using the "Download button" at the top when you get you "Widevine" popup in Amazon?

AnyStream isn't a player and you should make sure to include context of what you're doing when you get your "Widevine" error.

Also, as a New Member it's pretty much a given if you have an issue that you expect help on you need to post logs for that error.

How to Make an AnyStream Logfile - (bumped periodically to be at top of Forum for users as reminder to do logs).

Hope you find AnyStream just as great as many of us do, and if you take some time to read it's forum you'll see how they are responsive to issues in a very fast & timely fashion and have some really awesome programming resources.

Mike
(Just another member)

US - CST, No Vpn

A warm recommendation for buying AS+, just take it, you have all the servers, of course, if you have an account with them, and what is most important, the programmers are the best in the world, and as for redfox, I can only say thank you for that, if possible, a rating of 10 is a pure 10, I just know that what they do is unbelievable, their professionalism is not 100%, they are at 1000%

PlayOn is an atrocious stream recorder, and its "1080p" looks like SD with terrible compression artifacts.

Conversely, the PlayOn GUI is far better than AnyStream's, displaying titles in a custom interface instead of just showing the website, and allowing scheduling of recordings from your phone. I assume they have many more customers than RedFox and are able to invest a lot more in the UX as a result. Unfortunately, it's completely worthless for anyone who cares about video quality.

AnyStream downloads the original files bit for bit straight from the CDNs without reencoding.

Reminder that the website only applies for Amz, but not the other providers. Depends on what you prefer. I orefer the website for Amz as I can add and remove things from my list that way.
Oh, yes, I forgot that because I use Amazon almost exclusively. Even so, PlayOn has a much more advanced GUI, yet it's worthless because the video quality is terrible.

I can attest to Anystream+ being worth the price of admission.

Disney+ only goes up to 720p due to DRM restrictions (many competing programs have this same limitation with Disney+) and with Netflix, you occasionally have to log out and log back in, in order to regain access to 1080p (this is a new issue caused by Netflix's recent crackdown on password sharing).

Generally speaking though, AS handles 1080p very well. The quality is excellent (high bitrates for both video and audio). HBO Max did also support 4K HDR (with equally great results) though access to that service is currently under maintenance due to it's recent re-branding/relaunch as "Max."

Sometimes providers will update their DRM, resulting in newer additions to the services being in a lower quality until the new DRM is cracked, though it usually does not take too terribly long for AS to fix it.

I personally have previously had some issues accessing content from Prime Video channels but it's worth noting that I am Canadian, and a lot of users seem to be saying they are having no issues with channels so it could just be a technical issue on my end, or an issue with Anystream not recognizing Canadian Prime Video channels (i'm not currently subscribed to any channels anyway so it's not a dealbreaker for me). Sometimes after using the program for a long time, I will get a few errors when downloading large batches of videos at once, but I posted about it in these forums and one of the AS developers suggested that I empty the cache for the program, and that suggestion always fixes the problem for me whenever it crops back up (which isn't often).

Overall I do recommend Anystream+ over its competitors. It's more reasonably priced than a lot of the competition, and I had a lot of really bad experiences with PlayOn in the past (recordings failing for seemingly no reason, terrible video quality, accidentally cutting off part of the video, and finally, them discontinuing lifetime licenses and revoking my access as a result; which is what got me to ditch them for good).

I personally have previously had some issues accessing content from Prime Video channels but it's worth noting that I am Canadian, and a lot of users seem to be saying they are having no issues with channels so it could just be a technical issue on my end
When I downloaded MGM awhile back, I had no issues. Not sure how it would be now. If you should encounter an issue again, please open a thread and post a logfile.

accidentally cutting off part of the video
When it is a pure recording service, then I can understand that. As an example and speaking about recording TV, they sometimes start 20:17 (08:17 PM) instead of 20:15 or the next is supposed to start 22:00 (10:00P M), but because of ads and so on, the movie ends 22:03. So if you set it to record until 22:00, you loose three minutes at beginning or end. That's why we (we=at home) always give it a buffer of some time. Not sure if something like that would be possible with PlayOn.

Disney+ only goes up to 720p due to DRM restrictions (many competing programs have this same limitation with Disney+) and with Netflix, you occasionally have to log out and log back in, in order to regain access to 1080p (this is a new issue caused by Netflix's recent crackdown on password sharing).
I will point out, even though Disney+ is restricted to 720p currently. My experience is that it is always a very high bitrate version of 720p. Often when I replace one of those downloads with a 1080p, sometimes that particular 1080p is worse quality (horrible transfer) than the 720p Disney download.

Back