• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Haveing problems with GameJackal 3.1.0.5 RC1

Hello,

Sorry for the delay been a bit busy. At any rate, I install version 3.117 last night and try to make some profiles from my internal DVD-RW. No luck, it will create the profiles but they do not work. I tired with Age of Empires III - The Asian Dynasties and Rise of Nations - Thrones and Patriots.

If, I plug in my external USB DVD-RW drive, I can create profiles for the games that do work. I have purchase a new DVD-RW and over the weekend I plan to swap with my current internal CD to see if that will make any difference.

Also, I keep checking for new builds and will test then as they become available. I post the results back here.

Do the developers need any log(s) or other feed back from version 3.117 that may help you in figuring out the problem?

~Thanks for all your help,
Dyslextic :)

Hello,

Just an update to let you know I install the new DVD-RW and had the same results. I can create a profile but when the game keeps asking me for the CD. However, as before, I still can make profile that work by using my external USB DVD-RW. The USB solution works for me so while it is not what I would like to have, it does work and well a working solution is better then a non working solution.

This is just really nutty and odd problem? :confused: The strange parts is that a few months ago (like 4 or so), it all work just fine?

At any rate, if the developer would like logs entries please let me know. I will wait for the next release and see what that happens.

~Thanks,
Dyslextic

Hello,

I had an a new idea, I took the DVD-RW that I had replace with a new DVD-RW drive and install that into a external 5.25 enclosure that uses esata to attach to the PC. I create a profile for Age of Empires III - The Asian Dynasties which reference the esata attached DVD. You know what, the profile work. The same DVD-RW that when mounted internally on sata connection that would never create a working profile now created a perfectly good working profile if it is attached via a esata connection. WOW, this is just nuts!

Humm me thinks their are specter/gremlins in my PC cause this is just way to strange! Got me? :confused: Really :confused:

~Thanks,
Dyslextic

Hello,

Update on my issue(s) with GameJackal. I have install server additional games (Civilization IV, Rome: Total Ware and it expansion pack Rome: Total Ware - the Barbarian Invasion). None of them will create a working profile via the internal sata dvd-rw.

However, all but one of the games I install will create working profiles from my external USB DVD-RW or the external sata attached DVD-RW. The one that will not work no matter what I do is Rome: Total War - The Barbarian Invasion. This is very odd as Rome: Total War will create a working profile but its expansion pack will not.

I check there DRM stuff and they both are using "SafeDisc version 4.00.003" according to Protection ID program you folks recommend to find this information out.

How do I fix this problem? :confused: Is GameJackal every going to work for me 100% of the time? Any ideas on what I should do? Help please.

~Thanks
Dyslextic

1. Are you saying that all games profiles work if created using the external drive (except Rome: Total War - The Barbarian Invasion)?
2. Are you running v3.1.1.7?

If you are running v3.1.1.7, install the attached drivers and try again.
To install... unzip the attached zip file and copy *.sys files (from the correct folder, x86 for 32bit Windows or x64 for 64bit Windows) to C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Reboot when copied.

Try Rome TW again.

FYI if you want to restore the original drivers then simply reinstall v3.1.1.7

Last edited:
Hello,

> 1. Are you saying that all games profiles work if created using the external drive (except Rome: Total War - The Barbarian Invasion)?

Yes, that is corrected.

> 2. Are you running v3.1.1.7?

Yes, I am running GameJackal v3.1.1.7

I have download the attached files and will try then. I post back with results.

Thanks for your help,
Dyslextic

Hello,

I download the new drivers and test them out. I still cannot make working profiles from my internal SATA dvd-rw.

I still cannot make a working profile of Rome: Total War - The Barbarian Invasion for either the internal sata dvd-rw or the external USB dvd-rw. This is strange as I can create a working profile for Rome: Total War from my external usb dvd-rw but I cannot for the expansion pack Barbarian Invasion. I know this used to work for me a many months ago.

So it seem my problems continue on. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for the help,
Dyslextic

Hello,

I download the new drivers and test them out. I still cannot make working profiles from my internal SATA dvd-rw.

I still cannot make a working profile of Rome: Total War - The Barbarian Invasion for either the internal sata dvd-rw or the external USB dvd-rw. This is strange as I can create a working profile for Rome: Total War from my external usb dvd-rw but I cannot for the expansion pack Barbarian Invasion. I know this used to work for me a many months ago.

So it seem my problems continue on. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for the help,
Dyslextic

For the moment we need to focus on getting the next beta out (hopefully in the next day or so). When done I will come back to this.

Hello,

Ok, I have download and install GameJackal version 3.1.2.0 and I still cannot make profiles that work with my internal DVD-RW. Only the external Burner works. Also, I still cannot make a working profile of "Rome: Total War - The Barbarian Invasion".

I just noticed that there is a newer version of GameJackal version 3.1.2.1 which I have download and plan to tired but I do not see that helping any.

Any ideas on what to do or any more information I can provide. I noticed that some one else has now post saying they cannot make "Rome: Total War - The Barbarian Invasion work either".

Thanks for your help,
Dyslextic

I will need to get a hold of this game and take a closer look.

Hello,

Was wondering if there is any more news on why "Rome Total War - The Barbarian Invasion" will not create a profile? Or why I have so much trouble creating profiles from my inter DVD-RW?

Thanks,
Dyslextic

Back