• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Haveing problems with GameJackal 3.1.0.5 RC1

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know that I should not have to uninstall NOD32. I figure it was a long shot but worth the try.

I still cannot get GameJackal to work. It creates a profile and after you exit the game, you see a box display for about one second that says smart image (I think) then hat disappears and supposedly you have profile created. However, it never works, therefor it really appears that GameJackal is serious broken for me as it cannot create a profile?

Ahh this is so frustrating as I stated before, many moons ago it did work! Now it does not! Any one have any ideas ?

Thanks,
Dyslextic

Hello,

Ok, I have tired the latest beta version of GameJackal (version 3115) and I still have the same problems. It will not create a profile that works!!!!!!

As before, I uninstall the old version, rebooted, install the new version, reboot and then tired to create a profile. It creates a profile but the profile fails to work - every time the game ask for the CD!! Does this program work any more at all - I frustrated here and no one seems to know how to fix the problem. HELP please this has been a problem for me for some time now and I cannot get a solution!

~Dyslextic

Attachments

• LogFiles.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 2
:bang: very frustrating...

There's nothing in the log file that points to a problem.

Have you tried other games? And if so what are they?

Hello,

Yeap, it is very frustrating.... I have not tired other games yet but I plan to do some more testing over the weekend. I think I tire rebuild the PC again and this time just patch it and install driver... no burner software or AV and see if that fixes the problem.

Since you are not seeing anything in the profile logs, then something else is a miss. I may even rebuild it with XP 64bit and or 32bit just to see if that changes anything.

I also tired to profile other game and see if that works.

Now if only I could frag the ghost that hunting GameJackal in my system, life would be so much better.

~Thanks for your help, I post back if I find anything.
Dyslextic

Hello,

Ok, I have done some more testing and maybe I found the problem with GameJackel? I have attach a zip file that contains two screen shots to this post. One of the zip files is called "sector.jpg" and the other is "sector II.jpg"

These screen captures come from the performance and reliability wizard. The first one was taken after I create a new profile and had play the game for 30 minutes or so.

The second screen capture was taken the next day after first unlocking the update profile process and then playing the game for 30 or so minutes. when I stop playing the game, it update the profile. However, the profile still does not work.

These two captures are very different and seen to indicted to me that GameJackel is not capturing the profiles correctly?? FYI, if I reboot the PC and start GameJackel and then go look that the sectors for the profile, it display the first screen capture (sector.jpg) and it is as if the update capture (sector II.jpg) never occurred??

What is odd is that when I lunch the profile, GameJackel display a message that while the profile is running, the CD/DVD drive will not be accessible. However, the game when the game prompts me for the CD and if I put it in, the game loads and you can play. How can the CD/DVD be accessible if GameJackel is blocking access to it?

I hope this help the Devs figure out what going on or it my jsut be completely useless information. Please let me know what you folks think?

Yes, this is one very odd, strange and frustrating problem.

Would it be possible for the devs to post a screen shot of a sector for a successful working Age of Empires III - The Asian Dynasties profile? If that has any value to helping solved the problem?

~Thanks for the help,
Dyslextic

Attachments

• sectors.zip
    82.2 KB · Views: 4
Hello,

Ok, I have tired several additional games - Rome Total War and it expansion, Rise of Nations and it expansion. All of them created a profile but the profile fails to work! They all prompt for the CD. I have attached a zip file with screen capture shoots of the sectors tab in the performance and reliability wizard. Help this is nuts, I think the program is not creating the profile corrected? Is my DVD-RW the problem (it only 2 months old with the latest firmware - it a Pioneer DVR-216DBK which I bought to replace the LG I had in there)?

~Thanks,
Dyslextic

Attachments

• sectors.zip
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have the same problem with AOE3 Asian Dynasties.

Vista Ultimate x64
GameJackal 3.0.1.6

AOE III profile works fine. I had that first, flawless. Then I installed the Asian expansion. I went to GameJackal to create another profile. I selected AOE III from the pre-populated list of options. End result - it doesnt work. It prompts for AOE III Disk 1.

Maybe I will try a Custom profile. I will also try removing all profiles and starting from nothing. I will try the latest version of GameJackal too. I am at a loss so far, but will reply back if I get anywhere.

In the meantime, Slysoft dev's should recognize that this is an issue. As a software dev myself, it really sucks when my software works on my machine, but not my customers. Figures. After reading this entire forum, that seems to be what has happened here. But that doesnt mean there is not a problem or likewise, a solution.

-David P.

Solution

Got mine resolved.

My problem may be different than yours, but it fits right into this forum topic regardless. The problem for me was that Game Jackal was trying to pull from the wrong path on disk. It tries to reference the base game exacutable rather than the Asian expansion exe.

Steps:
  1. Create New Profile
  2. Leave profile selection on Automatic (Any Game)
  3. Give the profile a name (such as "AOE III Asian Dynasties")
  4. Click Locate Title. For me, the path was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\age3y.exe"
  5. Click next, insert the Asian disk, and let GameJackal work its magic.
The above was done using v3.1.1.4. Note also, age3y.exe, not age3.exe. See below for reference:

age3.exe (default and only GameJackal profile for AOE III)
age3x.exe (War Chiefs expansion)
age3y.exe (Asian Dynasties expansion)

I can launch any and all of my games now, the base game, or War chiefs, or Asian.

Conclusion:
This is both a user error, and for Slysoft, is a usability error in that only the base AOE III is an option in the list of profiles, and does not address expansion packs. Therefore by default, the user references the wrong exe, and is not realizing what just happened. I am a savvy user, but did not catch this the first time because I had used the default AOE III profile from the drop down list for my AOE III expansion, and assumed that GameJackal was using the inserted disk to discover the appropriate path. Nope... you gotta specify. And I hate that you cannot simply edit the path, but must use the Locate Title button and navigate to the path via the dialog - the only way to get the correct path in place. Come on... allow copy/paste! :doh: :)

I hope this info helps some folks.

-David P.

The profile map was updated (as of v3.1.1.5) to include this specific expansion.

Hello,

Thanks for suggesting that profile path to the game but when ever I make a profile, I always check the path to the executable. I had it set to the correct one (age3y.exe).

This still does not work and I convince this is some sort of bug but since the developers cannot recreate it and no one has any ideas on how to fix it I am out of luck.

Wish it would work some how but have no idea what to provide for feed back on the problem. Is there any more debug info that can help? I really, really would like this program to work like it did a few months ago. My hard is basically (only the video card, sound card, and DVD have been changed) the same as back then and it still does not work!!

Thanks,
Dyslextic

I am at a loss to explain why Game Jackal worked for roachslayer and not for you, unfortunately. Both of you are using Vista 64 bit edition.

10. What cpu are you running?

Intell Core Quad core Q6600

A new Game Jackal beta will be coming out shortly according to matthew. You can check to see if that will help you, but I suspect there's something else that's amiss.

Perhaps matthew will also comment on whether he feels changing "multiprocessor options" in Game Jackal might help your situation.

Hello,

Ok, so I download the GameJackel beta version 3.116 and did the standard routine I have now for GameJackel. I uninstall the old and rebooted. I then install the new beta and rebooted. I then created a new profile with advance logging check. After playing the game for around 30 minutes, I exit the game. GameJackel took about 2 seconds to created a profile. When I run the GameJackel profile, it fails!!!! Just like all the other times, over and over this thing fails. The game keeps asking to insert the CD.

I have once more attached the summary log and a screen shot of the sectors tab on the performance and reliability wizard for all the good it will do.

Sorry if I seems a little frustrated but for several months now I have been trying to get the program to work and no luck! Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang: --> my head hurt

~Thanks
Dyslextic

Attachments

• summary.zip
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
Hello,

NEWS flash ... I got the profile to work for Age of Empires III - The Asian Dynasties. How I do it, I plugged in my external USB DVD-RW drive and had GameJackel created the profile form that. IT work!!!! Wow... this is unbelievable I have a working GameJackel again - at least for the moment.

This still make me believe that there is a bug of some sort in GameJackel as it will not created a profile from my internal DVD burner. I wonder if it has to do with the drive letters. My external drive letter came up as "F" and the internal drive letter is "D". Plus I have a 2nd hard disk drive that is drive "E".

Maybe some how GameJackel is getting the drive letters confused or it wants the DVD drive letter to be after all hard disk drive letters?

Yap, that really is odd but I have at least made a profile that works and I have tested it once. I going to play around some more before I deiced if all it 100% but for the moment it seems to be work! 8)

Oh, the other thing that is wired is the secotrs capture of the work profile looks nothing like the ones I have posted here. It very odd, like GameJackel could not read the DVD drive correctly?

Would the developer like any more debug/information/screen shot of this odd problem?

No more :bang: my head again the wall I hope 8)

~Thanks
Dyslextic

We will keep working on GJ... so if you could test new versions with your internal drive that would be great.

FYI - There is no need to play the game when capturing, just starting the game and exiting is fine.

Hello,

Maybe some how GameJackel is getting the drive letters confused or it wants the DVD drive letter to be after all hard disk drive letters?

~Thanks
Dyslextic

maybe they SHOULD look in to that - as the problemst hat I have been reporting in 3114, 3115, 3116 are on a PC with has C drive and an always-on USB J drive, with DVD letters in-between on D & E.

my other PCS, where 3115 worked, have the hard drive letters before the DVD drive letters. MY Vista PC has C & D hard drive, E & F dvd, and my dell 5150c has jsut a C drive and a DVD combi D drive.

maybe they SHOULD look in to that - as the problemst hat I have been reporting in 3114, 3115, 3116 are on a PC with has C drive and an always-on USB J drive, with DVD letters in-between on D & E.

my other PCS, where 3115 worked, have the hard drive letters before the DVD drive letters. MY Vista PC has C & D hard drive, E & F dvd, and my dell 5150c has jsut a C drive and a DVD combi D drive.

We are investigating...

Hello,

Well after some more testing, it seems that as long as I used the external USB DVD-RW drive (which get pickup as drive "F") I can make profiles that work with out issues. I did try changing the drive letters around (make my DVD drive "E" and my second hard disk drive "d") but that did not fix the problem, as I still cannot created a working profile from the internal drive. Humm wonder if I should make the internal DVD-RW drive "F" - I try that in the next few days and see what happens.

~Dyslextic

Back