• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Have I messed up my new drive ? BW-16D1HT

JohnnySH

Hi Guys

Got a horrible feeling I have just messed up my new drive ! BW-16D1HT

I have just downloaded the latest Firmware from Asus to bring the drive right up to date (BW-16D1HT FW Updater 3.10_20190306) and now I get errors when trying to rip blurays with AnyDvd ?? (Breaking BadBox Set)

It was working fine before the flash update oops

I have tried downgrading to an older firmware with no joy only error

The firmware flash that I updated to was BW-16D1HT FW Updater 3.10_20190306

I have also run sdftool_flasher to have a go with that program but get errors ???

So not sure if to ship this new drive back to the suppliers if I have broke the drive ??

Would appreciate any help

Thanks in advance

this is the error i get when trying to run sdftool ???

Attachments

• er.jpg
    er.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I have managed to go here

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title=Flashing_with_Asus_BW-16D1HT_3.02_firmware

and download these two programs

ODDs

• ASUS BW-16D1HT with firmware 3.00 --> 3.10:
First flash 3.10MK (SHA1: 70762635c4bbd324c4f2095dc336acb3b0764919), then flash ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (DE) (SHA1: 4130578520c024218a1d99f86311525a05bccb60).

I have now successfully flashed ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02

by first flashing the 3.10MK and then flashing 3.02 (DE)

Should I stay at this ??? At least it is not the official asus lastest firmware

When I try and copy the bluray now, with this firmware 3.02 (DE), this disc does not seem to stop start so much in the drive, and the data throughput seems much more constant and stable ?

Could some one please tell me what version of firmware I should flash and stick with

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
No scrub everything I say

Still getting errors with this brand new drive

I can only assume this drive is total rubbish, which I am surprised from Asus

I'm now ready to put a hammer through it as its only been installed a few hours

I may save the joy of broken plastic and send it back to the suppliers and get a refund,
not sure what other drive to get that will be better

It looks the recommendation of these BW-16D1HT are rubbish drives

oh and this brand new braking bad box set seems a bark to copy too

Not having much fun with this challenge of new bluray drives

Attachments

• ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
now going to try the imaging the faulty disc with makemkv

maybe this is a problem with anydvd ??? reading these blurays

Attachments

• an .jpg
    an .jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 9
still errors with MakeMKV

so can only assume these drive are total rubbish as this frive is a only a few hours old and its failed miserably

:-( not happy

Attachments

• qq.jpg
    qq.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 11
You should've came here or the MakeMKV forum first before you tried to install any firmware. The mods here or the people at the MakeMKV forum would've put you in the right direction.

:(
Never download firmware from the Blu-ray manufacturer unless told so by one of the experts from either this Forum or from the MakeMKV Forum.

Drive quality lately has been atrocious. 3.02 for that drive should be fine. Most people are running 3.10mk. Not that it'll matter for the issue you're having. The only thing that may help is slowing the drive down to something like 2x when reading those triple layer discs. But even then it may not work.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Hey guys thanks for the feedback

so it does not look like I have done anything wrong then

my old drive can’t read these blu ray very successfully and It was suggested to purchase a new drive

I must say the new drive seems utter garbage so I’m thinking of sending it back as it has not achieved the job in hand

are there any good drives out there though this was recommended on the forum

thanks

Drive quality lately has been atrocious. 3.02 for that drive should be fine. Most people are running 3.10mk. Not that it'll matter for the issue you're having. The only thing that may help is slowing the drive down to something like 2x when reading those triple layer discs. But even then it may not work.

Triple layer? Breaking Bad Blu-ray boxset?

Hey guys thanks for the feedback

so it does not look like I have done anything wrong then

my old drive can’t read these blu ray very successfully and It was suggested to purchase a new drive

I must say the new drive seems utter garbage so I’m thinking of sending it back as it has not achieved the job in hand

are there any good drives out there though this was recommended on the forum

thanks
Logic says it's not the drive, since you tried 2 drives already, but the discs you are trying. Try to wash them with liquid soap and warm water and then use a microfiber cloth finally as used for cleaning glasses. Try to rip again. If it fails you most likely have a bad set of discs. Then return that set and get a new one. These are not triple layer disc as SamuriHL assumed which are really hard to read. They are dual layer according to the sector number and percentage at which AnyDVD failed.
See here as an example a triple layer UHD disc -not BD -my ASUS rips fine 82Gb of data!

upload_2021-10-20_12-35-30.jpeg

Triple layer? Breaking Bad Blu-ray boxset?
I was thinking of uhd obviously. If it's Blu-Ray then it's just a poorly mastered disc set or it needs to be cleaned.

Back