• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Have Gun Will Travel Season 6 DVDs

Sheryl Mann

I cannot rip any of these DVDs. It comes up with -

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.4.0, BDPHash.bin 18-12-06)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH16NS40 1.03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1723360 sectors (3365 MBytes)
Total size: 3441219 sectors (6721 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HAVE_GUN_WILL_TRAVEL_S6_V1_D2
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

but when I try to rip with VidCoder I get an error message - An error occurred when scanning. This happens on all the season 6 DVDs. Is there anything I can try?

You need to set your drive hardware region

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I've never had to do that before. I have already ripped all the other 5 seasons without any trouble. The Computer can create an ISO file from the DVD. But trying to rip from the ISO gives the same result. I have just changed one of my BRDrives to Region 1 (which is the region of the dvd) and it still comes up as an error when scanning the disc.

Same message frrom AnyDVD -

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.4.0, BDPHash.bin 18-12-06)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH16NS40 1.03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1723360 sectors (3365 MBytes)
Total size: 3441219 sectors (6721 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HAVE_GUN_WILL_TRAVEL_S6_V1_D2
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Problem solved - sort of. It's obviously a problem with VidCoder. I have done many, many rips with this program in the past and have never had a problem when combining with AnyDVD. I purchased and installed WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro and it doesn't have a problem. And I don't need to change the region for my BR Drives. Maybe it's in the way the DVD has been constructed.

Yeah it's called CSS. And in order to properly decrypt it, a drive's hardware region needs to be set. If not sooner or later you will encounter a disc where AnyDVD has problems with decrypting it, or fails all together. Guess what the first thing will be we're going to ask? Yup, the hardware region.

Just ripped all of them using WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro on a brand new drive with NO region set as yet. Worked beautifully.

According to post nr 3 your drive region IS SET. But you can't compare the 2. Different tools, different approach to ripping. But glad it worked, that's the only thing that matters.

Back