• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

have 4850, reclock and flac ability any need for HDAV 1.3 anymore

markrb

I have been waiting for the Asus HDAV 1.3 to get most of the issues worked out before I buy and now it seems they are very close.

However I just recently came across this wonderful tool (Thanks James).
I do have the Asus 4850 HDMI PCM capable video card, ability to convert Hi-Def audio formats to flac and a receiver capable of playing it at 32 bit over HDMI.

Not having ever heard DTS-MA, Tru-HD and the others in native format I am wondering is there really much difference between them and a conversion to PCM flac? I know it's subjective, but on the whole is there really a difference?

If there is I would gladly pay the $200, but I would rather pay off bills if there really isn't any reason.

I really like the idea of being able to play the converted files within Media Portal, but again if there is a difference the integration with TMT is actually pretty good.

I am struggling with this because I have no way of hearing before I buy and I am looking for advise from those that have.

Thanks,
Mark

Not having ever heard DTS-MA, Tru-HD and the others in native format I am wondering is there really much difference between them and a conversion to PCM flac?
Pay off the bills.;)
All those formats are lossless, so there should not be any difference between them. The only way of existing differences, is in the case of any bug on the software decoders/encoders used, but all of these decoders are tested thouroughly, so I don't believe there is any invalidating the lossless of the formats.

Back