• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Has anyone had success running in docker?

nycedwardd

I'd like to run this on my unraid box so the content goes directly to my library instead of having to copy things over after download. Has anyone had success with that?

Edit: There are Debian desktop images on Unraid. I was able to get it working with that in a browser.

Last edited:
If you use Unraid you can alternatively use SMBFS and have the directory where you want your files to go exported to a mount in MacOS, WIndows, or linux (through automount). This way you can use whatever platform you want as the app. I try not to add anything to Unraid (outside of a few conatiners) because I have found eventually the stability of the platform can degrade. For MacOS I had to adjust SMB settings to get proper browsing support and speed. I've tried all three platforms, I favor the windows the most for stability/speed/quality w/ Unraid as the file target. There have been a few of issues on the deb drop, and I also noticed on deb that as a DL is nearing completion it can seize the UI for a few seconds and cause it to be non-responsive so YMMV. I am moving away from Linux train for now.

Yeah, I've been doing the SMB option and I'm not really happy with it. I want something I can get to remotely when needed and I have my unraid box accessible through tailscale. I have a dev system I can use for QA so those issues won't really be a problem for me.

I've also looked at running this in Docker, but haven't found a good way to do it.

Right now I run AS from a Windows 10 VM in UnRAID and access it through remote desktop or the VNC portal. I mount UnRAID as a network drive and have it save files there directly. Works really well for me and I think it accomplishes your objective.

I've also looked at running this in Docker, but haven't found a good way to do it.

Right now I run AS from a Windows 10 VM in UnRAID and access it through remote desktop or the VNC portal. I mount UnRAID as a network drive and have it save files there directly. Works really well for me and I think it accomplishes your objective.
If you look up 'Debian-Bookworm' in the apps catalog, you'll find a good image. It lets me write directly to the filesystem without the overhead of a VM.

If you look up 'Debian-Bookworm' in the apps catalog, you'll find a good image. It lets me write directly to the filesystem without the overhead of a VM.
Thanks! I'll give that a look!

Not specifically what you were asking, but I run the AnyStream app locally, and have my download folder set to a UNC path over my 10gb network so that it downloads directly to a folder on my NAS. I then have a cron job that runs on my NAS every 5 minutes that takes any *.mp4 file in the download path and moves it to my library. Now that AnyStream has added the .temp filename feature for files that are currently downloading, this process works great and it has been flawless.

Thanks! I'll give that a look!
In Unraid you can load the virtiofs paravirtualized driver in the VM directly bypassing the O/S network FS model and mount Unraid shares as direct vfs mounts. The speed is if its a local drive. You must be sure the virtiofs driver is installed in the VM.

Here is an example in my fstab for an Ubuntu VM I have running (its quite easy) for a rw mount:

deep-arc /mnt/backup-rw/deep-arc virtiofs

You setup your share in the VM setup json or GUI. In the case of this share, its a single disk (not even in the array) which I used the unassigned plugin, however you can just choose the array share if you wish.

Speed is dramatic and overload low.

Yeah, I've been doing the SMB option and I'm not really happy with it. I want something I can get to remotely when needed and I have my unraid box accessible through tailscale. I have a dev system I can use for QA so those issues won't really be a problem for me.
I have tailscale running in a docker container in my Unraid box and I use the Unraid as an exit node to the local Lan FS VLAN, however you can do it flat to the LAN network. There is a slight mod to the network config to do this (its in tailscale docs) to accomplish. There are robust policies you can write for control, but it is a PITA and the tools to write them are poor. Its a weakness of the platform at this point, but the overlay networks are a dream -- no need for VPN at all anymore or punching holes in my firewall.

With this I can get remote access to my VM on the Unraid and to my harvester cluster no problem. I also use it for my kids who want to use Netflix and the like remotely from college and have native access to my Plex server. With this they use the TS exit node on the Unraid box to my WAN and as far as Netflix knows they are viewing it in my house, when they are not its through the overlay in their apartment.

You can try my docker image.

Working for me (build automated).
If a version is not working check the forum for crash in version. Sometimes i don't see the same day if there is missing dependancies

PS : At my Home, i have this running in LXC container (Proxmox) With Docker, data are stored in Unraid box.

You can try my docker image.

Working for me (build automated).
If a version is not working check the forum for crash in version. Sometimes i don't see the same day if there is missing dependancies
That looks great, thanks. I'll give it a shot.

PS : At my Home, i have this running in LXC container (Proxmox) With Docker, data are stored in Unraid box.
This is very nice, thank you so much for creating a Docker container for this.
Im experiencing some issues with your build - using latest I can confirm the license file is mounted as expected within the container. The first log lines I see are:

[mod-init] Attempting to run Docker Modification Logic
which takes about 6 minutes to move to:
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
_XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.

Then, if I go to the url of my server using the custom port I have configured, it returns a time-out. Do you know what could be happening?

Best

EDIT: I did some debugging and your image works great i tested it on my laptop, it is just my stupid NAS (which is terramaster) for some reason once the container is up it does not start firefox... it sounds like I will need to still use VMs on it.

Last edited:
This is very nice, thank you so much for creating a Docker container for this.
Im experiencing some issues with your build - using latest I can confirm the license file is mounted as expected within the container. The first log lines I see are:

which takes about 6 minutes to move to:

Then, if I go to the url of my server using the custom port I have configured, it returns a time-out. Do you know what could be happening?

Best

EDIT: I did some debugging and your image works great i tested it on my laptop, it is just my stupid NAS (which is terramaster) for some reason once the container is up it does not start firefox... it sounds like I will need to still use VMs on it.
Sorry for my late report .. I don't check the forum every day ^_^ Great if it's working for you.

Back