• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Has anyone been banned for using AnyStream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

movie.melli

hey,
I own AnyDVD and CloneCD for years and I'm just testing and thinking about buying AnyStream.
2 questions before:

1. Is it possible being banned or getting Your account suspended by Netflix, Amazon, Disney+ for using AnyStream? (I'm not talking about extensive use but for "normal" user (2-3 movies a day).
The reason why I'm asking:
I was using a download tool for Spotify that recorded 10x speed. Spotify recognized this and banned my account (and I read about hundreds of other users that were banned, too). I think Netflix & Co. could recognize users of AnySteam as well?!

2. Is there any chance to get an discount for buying AnyStream if You already own other RedFox products?

THANKS!

Is it possible
Possible for sure, but I haven't heard of any user reporting account problems. I don't have any as well.

2. Is there any chance to get an discount for buying AnyStream if You already own other RedFox products?
Only if you buy them as a bundle as you can see at https://www.redfox.bz/purchase.html. Not if you buy it seperately, unless you wait till the next 20% discount arrives. You can also pay with Bitcoin if you have any and get 10% on top, but if you never bothered with them it has no point to deal with it only for this one purchase. You have to verify yourself etc.

I have different accounts for different countrys 1 for uk, 1 for us and 1 for australia and not had a problem yet ✈️✈️ as theres tv shows on them 3 regions that arnt available on the amazon uk

Providers don't deal with this on user level but they do change DRM occasionally, and with this they block or limit contents for certain users in one swoop from getting what they want.. and then all these certain users must wait, then repeat :p

Buying this?, I highly recommend but there may be shorter downtime's due to DRM and this can be good to know, I've never seen or heard anyone get banned though

Last edited:
Actually on the competitor forum i recall at least 2 users saying that after downloading a lot of short episodes from Disney+, their IP was banned.

At least it was just their IP and not the account which leads me to believe it may have been done by the CDN and not Disney+

Downloading 2-3 movies per day is obviously safe and i have done way more than that in a day and have had zero issues.

At least it was just their IP and not the account.

I prefer that my account is banned than my IP. An account can be recreated easily, an IP if you're not using a VPN or a service that I don't want to use it's more complicated.

I downloaded 450 episodes of 3 minutes on Disney+ in one day and I still have my account, but after that I made a pause for a few days, maybe they have downloaded a lot more.

As long as you're not just downloading stuff like mad and do something like @BCloud recommends above downloading a set number of episodes/movies for one day, and then pause for a good bit, you should be fine.

Also, absolutely no uploading any downloaded files!!

If a 'friend' of yours wants access to some files that you've downloaded, instead tell them to buy their own copy of AS and the service that they want to use AS with.

I prefer that my account is banned than my IP. An account can be recreated easily, an IP if you're not using a VPN or a service that I don't want to use it's more complicated.

I downloaded 450 episodes of 3 minutes on Disney+ in one day and I still have my account, but after that I made a pause for a few days, maybe they have downloaded a lot more.

May not be that simple. An IP is a lot easier to change than recreating an account when they ban your account. I have seen this with other media (Comic books) where the account was banned, as well as the IP AND the Credit Card was blacklisted.

With the credit card, that poses a much bigger problem than the IP where you can pay a nominal fee to change an IP if it is static or just unplug your modem for a little while if it is dynamic. You could also use a VPN, Proxy or Smart DNS service.

Some providers do not accept prepaid Credit Cards so unless you are someone who has a lot of different cards, you are SOL. I used to have a bunch of CC but at some point i decided to only keep one. It has a huge limit, low interest and very nice perks so it makes it easier to manage finances IMHO.

I think the greater question you are asking is, do they know? I am pretty certain they do. I figure so long as it's for personal use and people pay their subscriptions and buy stuff they are OK with it for now. For example today I used AS for several titles I purchased so even though I use AS they still make profit. And that at the end of the day is what they care about. When (if) that value proposition changes and they suddenly feel they are losing money is when they will care.

This is all my musings, I have no inside knowledge.

AnyStream and Redfox have been in business for years, I personally do not know of one person that has been banned by a provider for using our program or any other program that does what we do. I don't have a crystal ball but and no one can see into the future but as long as these do not wind up uploaded and selling on the internet, I can't see an issue, we are all paid customers of the providers. They make money because of us. Just my thoughts.;)

They make money because of us.
And they maybe make more just because you exist because people who would've never bought anything or even wouldn't have got the subscription only did it now because they can download (like me). I might've gotten Prime at one day to get free shipping and to watch some videos, but not the year subscription I have now without a pause since the existing of AS. Also, I only bought stuff because I can download it. I would've bought some things even without AS, but not as much.
Same goes for NF etc.

I figure so long as it's for personal use and people pay their subscriptions and buy stuff they are OK with it for now.
I think the answer to this is probably obvious, but when we download a movie, it is no different than if we watched the movie in our web browser, from the provider's point of view, correct? Which means that it counts as a view for ratings, which is what the providers really want.

And they maybe make more just because you exist because people who would've never bought anything or even wouldn't have got the subscription only did it now because they can download (like me). I might've gotten Prime at one day to get free shipping and to watch some videos, but not the year subscription I have now without a pause since the existing of AS. Also, I only bought stuff because I can download it. I would've bought some things even without AS, but not as much.
Same goes for NF etc.
Same here. I only have subscriptions to NF and HBOMax because of AS. Of course, much of their content has gone downhill and I am considering dropping them and just keeping AP. I get D+ as part of my cell phone plan, so while it technically isn't free, I wouldn't save any money by dropping them, otherwise I would.

I use my uk bank card for uk, us and australia amazon accounts so yea no need for a us, or australian bank card to use amazon us or australia

I think the answer to this is probably obvious, but when we download a movie, it is no different than if we watched the movie in our web browser, from the provider's point of view, correct? Which means that it counts as a view for ratings, which is what the providers really want.
Not exactly, no. It's impossible to watch content at the speed at which AS can download it.

It's impossible to watch content at the speed at which AS can download it.
I am sure there are add-ons that can override the quality and speed setting for the players, just like you can do it on YouTube.

I think it's the same as in the app "download now to watch offline later"
And then, even this. Their very own app provides this option. Sure, they will be able to see the difference from the data they recieve, but at least it is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back