• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Has AnyDVD HD slowed down in ripping speed on Blu-Ray?

multiblitz

I am using XP SP1, Core Duo @3ghz, 2 gb RAM. IT used to be that AnyDVDHD needed 60-90 minute with my Pioneer Blu-Ray ROm for a Blu-Ray which was about the same speed I usd to have with my Xbox-Drive.

Right now, the last 3 Blu-Rays took over 4 hours each...I see that the HD is paging as well like hell...so, any clue ? Anyone else made the same observation (Version 6.3.0.3)?

ripping speed is about 60-90minutes for a blu-ray movie (core2duo, 2,6ghz, 2gb ram). 4 hours???? there must be something wrong..

regards

I am using XP SP1, Core Duo @3ghz, 2 gb RAM. IT used to be that AnyDVDHD needed 60-90 minute with my Pioneer Blu-Ray ROm for a Blu-Ray which was about the same speed I usd to have with my Xbox-Drive.

Right now, the last 3 Blu-Rays took over 4 hours each...I see that the HD is paging as well like hell...so, any clue ? Anyone else made the same observation (Version 6.3.0.3)?

It's the same for me too. 6.3.0.5 I think, XP SP2, Pioneer BDC-202, X2 4400 & 2gb PC3200 ram.

And, I'm SURE you tried ripping the same title with AnyDVD disabled to compare the speeds.....right?

How can I rip a Blu-Ray with AnyDVD disabled ? This is only about Blu-Ray, DVDs work nicely

How can I rip a Blu-Ray with AnyDVD disabled ? This is only about Blu-Ray, DVDs work nicely

You make an ISO image of it without AnyDVD running. Use CloneCD/ImgBurn/Nero/whatever. Just disable AnyDVD first.

ripping speed is about 60-90minutes for a blu-ray movie (core2duo, 2,6ghz, 2gb ram). 4 hours???? there must be something wrong..

regards

same specs as yourself but with 2gig ram,takes 140-180 mins ,dont mind just let it rock and roll,come back later.8)

Last edited:
I though you couldn't copy a blu-ray without AnyDVD running . How do you do it? Wont ImgBurn or CloneCD give you an error?

I though you couldn't copy a blu-ray without AnyDVD running . How do you do it? Wont ImgBurn or CloneCD give you an error?

So....all the people ripping ISO images on their PS3 without AnyDVD running are just fooling themselves then? Of course you can rip it without AnyDVD running. It just won't be decrypted which means to play it you need to have AnyDVD running when you mount the ISO.

And, I'm SURE you tried ripping the same title with AnyDVD disabled to compare the speeds.....right?

Whilst you have a good point there, and I've not tried that, explain to me why I used to rip at 7-8MB/s and now I can only rip at 3.99MB/s or less when nothing in the system has changed except AnyDVD updates?

I'm not trying to blame AnyDVD HD, as I can see no reason as to why Slyosft would lower the rip speeds, but it may be a small bug that no one is aware of. You ca't ay with 100% certainty that it's not, in the same way I can't say with 100% certanty that it is.

Last edited:
If I could explain that I wouldn't need you to try ripping without AnyDVD active. :) I'm trying to help you troubleshoot it and figure out what's going on. If it rips fast without AnyDVD active then we can start looking at what may be going on with AnyDVD. If you still have slow ripping speeds without AnyDVD running, then AnyDVD isn't the cause and we need to look elsewhere. So, it's just a troubleshooting concept.

Point well made!

I'll take a look at this sometime this week, when I get time, and let you know the outcome.

I assume DVD Decrypter should work ok, as I'm trying to avoid installing needless junk on my HTPC.

I'm not going to assume that DVD Decrypter will work. It *should* but honestly, I don't consider ImgBurn "needless junk" as it's a very useful program written by the same author as DVD Decrypter. I would honestly grab a copy of that to make your image, both with and without AnyDVD active on the same disc. Then you can compare the times.

I'm not going to assume that DVD Decrypter will work. It *should* but honestly, I don't consider ImgBurn "needless junk" as it's a very useful program written by the same author as DVD Decrypter. I would honestly grab a copy of that to make your image, both with and without AnyDVD active on the same disc. Then you can compare the times.

Well, I can't make an accurate comparison now, as I've reinstalled my system. To be fair, it needed it anyway, and the rip speeds are now back up at ~7mb rather than maxing at 4mb.

I'll keep my eyes peeled though, and if future slowdown happens, I'll try your suggestions.

Well, I can't make an accurate comparison now, as I've reinstalled my system. To be fair, it needed it anyway, and the rip speeds are now back up at ~7mb rather than maxing at 4mb.

I'll keep my eyes peeled though, and if future slowdown happens, I'll try your suggestions.

It's always good to take the Henry David Thorough approach to troubleshooting...simplify, simplify, simplify. Remove what can be removed from the equation to get to the essential part of the problem. You suspected AnyDVD was the cause, so I suggested removing it from the equation to test your theory. I see a lot of people blame AnyDVD for a lot of things and it always amazes me that they never try even the simplest troubleshooting steps. Sometimes AnyDVD is the cause and they have to issue a bug fix, but, more often than not, something on the user's machine is causing a problem. Windows is a flaky operating environment and it takes a lot of work to keep it stable. The reinstall probably did you a lot of good. Old drivers, crappy software that doesn't fully uninstall, etc can all wreak havoc on stability. In any case, I'm truly glad it's back to normal for you.

It's always good to take the Henry David Thorough approach to troubleshooting...simplify, simplify, simplify. Remove what can be removed from the equation to get to the essential part of the problem. You suspected AnyDVD was the cause, so I suggested removing it from the equation to test your theory. I see a lot of people blame AnyDVD for a lot of things and it always amazes me that they never try even the simplest troubleshooting steps. Sometimes AnyDVD is the cause and they have to issue a bug fix, but, more often than not, something on the user's machine is causing a problem. Windows is a flaky operating environment and it takes a lot of work to keep it stable. The reinstall probably did you a lot of good. Old drivers, crappy software that doesn't fully uninstall, etc can all wreak havoc on stability. In any case, I'm truly glad it's back to normal for you.

You're totally right. In a normal circumstance, I would have tried your suggestions. As I see, I'll keep my eyes on it & see if a similar situation occurs again.

Cheers for the assistance.

If it does, you know how to troubleshoot it now. Get a good comparison of the same disc with and without AnyDVD running. That should give a good place to start in finding the problem.

I use the LG GGC-H20L BD/HD-DVD ROM drive , & (2) not raided Seagate Barracuda 500GB 32mb cache HDD's, & my rips are 12.5mb/s peak for HD-DVD, & 18mb/s peak for BD, both rip in about 45 min.

untitled2.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

AMD X2 6000+ @ 3.4 Ghz, (4GB) 4x1GB Crucial Balistix tracer DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 @ 950Mhz 5-5-5-15, XP Pro 32bit SP2

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Back