• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Has any of you guys ever tried to backup Bon Jovi from London?

Analog Protection System
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Analog protection system (APS))

Yes, I know what APS is.

Clonedvd will refuse to open your original disc without Anydvd running because the original disc is protected. Anydvd removes both CSS and APS.

I doubt your issue has anything to do with APS, but I could be mistaken. Your issue has more to do with RCE protection and possibly booktype.

But maybe James will pop in here and give his thoughts. He uses Powerdvd.

Last edited:
As you told me to do:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.4)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B DL11 060810050B032AFEFC
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+rw (version 2), Layers: 1
Total size: 2295104 sectors (4482 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BONJOVI
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

The still picture: :"This player is incompatible with the region marking of this disc." appears even if the AnyDVD is closed, or not.

I think, that luckly, as I said, I found a way to backup it: Just trying to remove only the Macrovision protection. After that, the dvd can be played at my rest-room dvd player, and at my computer dvd if I close the AnyDVD.

As you told me to do:

Not completely

Booktype: dvd+rw (version 2), Layers: 1

That should be changed to "dvd-rom" not "dvd+rw": visit http://forum.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/showthread.php?t=12664
and
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

Media is region free.

That's better.

I think, that luckly, as I said, I found a way to backup it: Just trying to remove only the Macrovision protection. After that, the dvd can be played at my rest-home dvd player, and at my computer dvd if I close the AnyDVD.

You unchecked everything but "Analog Protection System" in Anydvd? :confused:

Last edited:
Unfortunelly, this way that I found, doesn't work if I try to make a backup to a hd folder.

Unfortunelly, this way that I found, doesn't work if I try to make a backup to a hd folder.

O.k, so you disabled everything except "Analog Protection System" in Anydvd? Is that right? :confused:

What settings did you use?

Last edited:
I also do not have any dvd +/-r here to make a test with one of them.

AnyDVD.jpg

No, I am overwriting it. But I think that this is not the reason. I and a lot of people, I guess, already have tried and lost a lot of DVD +/-r in the past, because this Bon Jovi live from London, isn't a new DVD too.

Last edited:

If that works, then your standalone player can play NTSC and works with region 4 discs. It can also play +R media without requiring booktype changes.
Having all the features checked shouldn't change anything, as the only protection on the disc is CSS/APS with RCE.

Do this please: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

The error messages you are receiving appear to be based on region code scripts not being removed properly (rce).

Last edited:
What you mean? You wanna know the information about the original DVD again?

dvd+rw is a rewriteable disc from the dvd+RW alliance (http://www.dvdrw.com/).

+r, +R DL, and +R RW blank media should have its booktype changed to "dvd-rom" in order to improve compatibility during playback in different standalone dvd players and dvd-rom devices.

However, your standalone dvd player seems to play dvd+rw media without any issues.

You cannot change the booktype of dvd-r, dvd-r dl and dvd-rw media.

dvd+rw is a rewriteable disc. Some players refuse to play anything that isn't booktyped to "dvd-rom".

I know, but this is not my case, because I only get this problem with The Bon Jovi live from London. Why do you insists on this, I mean, and what about the hd folder?

dvd+rw is a rewriteable disc from the dvd+RW alliance (http://www.dvdrw.com/).

+r, +R DL, and +R RW blank media should have its booktype changed to "dvd-rom" in order to improve compatibility during playback in different standalone dvd players and dvd-rom devices.

However, your standalone dvd player seems to play dvd+rw media without any issues.

You cannot change the booktype of dvd-r, dvd-r dl and dvd-rw media.

I know, you are right, but this can't be done on our computers, but at mastering companies.

I know, but this is not my case, because I only get this problem with The Bon Jovi live from London. Why do you insists on this

I don't anymore. You seem to be able to play your backup in your standalone dvd player without having the booktype changed. So, I agree, this isn't an issue.

I mean, and what about the hd folder?

The error messages you are receiving seem based on Anydvd either not removing RCE scripts properly or a Powerdvd issue.
All the features removal settings in anydvd should be checked though.

You're getting region code errors, so I doubt this has anything to do with APS.

Last edited:
I heard that there are a few kinds of Macrovision Protections. How can I know what kind of ones the AnyDVD can remove?

I heard that there are a few kinds of Macrovision Protections. How can I know what kind of ones the AnyDVD can remove?

Anydvd removes all of them (on commercial dvd movies), unless there is some bug that I'm not aware of.

Have you tried updating Powerdvd?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back