• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hardware

Br8ys

I have using sony drives for reading and writing and verbatim
disks and have not made a coaster writing over 300 disks.

try tayio youden and i'm sure you wont look back not even to verbatim i use
8x dvd-r made hundres of backups and never had issues as far as media goes

i use nec drives & verbatim blank dvd-r 16x i never had a coaster also i burn at 6x speed

Been using TDKs for cd and dvd burning and the only problems I've had was when I messed up.Great Discs!!

what a waste lol a 16 x speed and only burn at 6 x??? lol try TY 8x you'll be happy SMS

Taiyo Yuden are THE best...

Taiyo Yuden DVD-R16x MID TYG03 are the ones I've been using. I was getting some write errors with the TDK's on older DVD burners. I popped these suckers into ALL of my older burners and voila... not ONE coaster... I bought my DVD's at Ocatve Systems at the following link. And NO... I don't work for Octave. ;)

http://www.octave.com/

Taiyo Yuden is a little too expensive for me (and not that easy to find). I mainly use Verbatim and Sony DVDs. Both have given me consistent quality burns.

I use external BenQ burners and a Sony 810, I believe that to be the model number and I have had great success in using Maxell, Sony, R+ dvd and cd media.
Both were recommended by their support when I originally purchased the units and I have never had a coaster and get the discs at an excellent price and the dvd's are playable on all of our family standalone players and that is what my goal is.
Just thought that I would add my 2 cents worth of my experience, It is great to hear what other users have as media.
I don't buy off the internet and have my own wholesale source that I purchase from so our entire family is content.
Regards.

I have been using sony - r accucore at 4x burn speed and has never failed me.
Saying that i have found most dvd -r fine as long as burning at low speed
i found 4x works for me

PHILIPS8631 burner with Taiyo Yudens-TYG02(8x) I think I've had maybe 4 coasters in nearly 1500 burns.:)

TY is considered the best quality media to buy. But Verbatim are often on sale and members are able to get 100 spindles for like half price so it helps to keep options open. but i only recommend using TY(reg or rebranded) or VERBATIM all the rest is junk IMO. :policeman: :doh: :p

Verbatim and TY only

Taiyo Yuden is indded great for Single Layer.
Verbatim is the ONLY brand that consistently work on Dual Layer.

I have an average of one coaster per 20 media spindle.

I tried other DL medias, Memorex being the worst.
Fuji not too far behind....

For single layer, other than Taiyo Yuden, I've has some success with Ridata, but I've hit bad batches and had to throw the whole spindles in the garbage.

You may spend a little more on Verbatim, but you won't regret it.

Abe,

I am a religous user of Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media. I have an LG GSA 4120b (yes, it's an LG, but this model has burnt flawlessly for me - it is however LG's first Super Mulit drive; they seems to have gone down hill lol), and I burn Verbatim 16x Dvd+R disks at anywhere from 4-12x. They code out as YUDEN000T03 (Taiyo Yuden BTW), which is an added bonus; Verbatim disks, that code as TY! I also only use Dvd+R disks, as I like to bitsett/booktype my disks to -ROM for better compatability. Even though -R came out first, that's just how I do it. Each to their own.

The only other media I use is RicohJPN - not *the best*, but it is OK media for less important backups, IMO.

~Ripper.

Last edited:
Try this

Taiyo Yuden DVD-R16x MID TYG03 are the ones I've been using. I was getting some write errors with the TDK's on older DVD burners. I popped these suckers into ALL of my older burners and voila... not ONE coaster... I bought my DVD's at Ocatve Systems at the following link. And NO... I don't work for Octave. ;)

http://www.octave.com/

I agree with using TY 100%, HOWEVER please go to shop4tech.com to save a bundle!!! Plus no shipping$$$ !! :)

I too do not work for shop4tech.

mjm

Samsung or Memorex, which ever is on sale.:D

You'd be much better off buying Verbatim, which if you look, is always on sale somewhere; it seems.
Neither Samsung or Memorex makes for good quality media. That's all Optodisc and CmcMag crap. Maybe a few Ritek/RicohJPN thrown in for good measure.

Last edited:
I guess I should have mentioned my Sony's are 16x writers.
I write at 12X

I have NEC-Lite-On and Plextor drives used with Verbatim. Over 1000 burns and no coasters.

Since I have been using mostly 18X writers lately I have been using Verbatim 16X + media ( MCC004 ) and they are excellent. I just bought a new LG H42, and it works great @18X with these discs.:agree:

Back