Hardware Requirements for Netflix 4K

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by BuddyFunJet, Oct 17, 2020 at 6:44 PM.

1. BuddyFunJet

BuddyFunJet Member

I tried searching the forums for an answer but no luck?

What hardware or software is required for Netflix to offer downloads in 4K in anystream?

I am shown UHD titles on my TV but not computer. Do I need to have a 4K computer monitor for Netflix to offer 4K in anystream? I have the HVEC drivers installed

thanks.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

None, as it's not a hardware problem but a software one. Anystream simulates a chromium based browser. Netflix afaik currently simply does not offer 4k streams for browsers. I'm sure @Prospere will be able to say if i'm right or not.

3. windevine

windevine Member

Code:
    https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23931
    • Intel's 7th generation Core CPU (i3, i5, or i7 models in the 7xxx or 7Yxx series) or newer, or a NVIDIA GPU that meets
      Code:
       these requirements.
    • A plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you're currently on at

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2020 at 7:01 PM
  4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

That applies to playback using their WINDOWS APP, not a browser like AnyStream simulates. The question is about anystream UHD support. Not netflix app requirements.

5. windevine

windevine Member

Netflix does not allow UHD via chrome and Firefox with the exception of Microsoft edge so anystream will not be able to offer UHD as long as it has this restriction .

6. BuddyFunJet

BuddyFunJet Member

Thanks for the quick answer. Chrome is the problem so I will quit trying things. I assume a notice will go out if there is a work around to get UHD in anystream.

windevine likes this.
  7. windevine

windevine Member

probably in a few years with the ever more secure evolution of drm for now you have to forget UHD .

8. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Member

I hope this discussion issn going too far, otherwise just please delete my comment. Edge is listed as a requirement for 4K Netflix playback. It doesn't state which version and afaik the latest Edge version is using Chromium, right? So IF that's really the case 4K ( that Edge is using chromium and it also does support 4K via Netflix) could possibly work when presenting itself as a chromium based browser.

9. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

It's not quite that simple unfortunately. It's not the fact that edge is built on top of the chromium engine that allows netflix to play 4k it's the additional security that edge affords that allows it to do so.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Prospere and Sledgehamma like this.