• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hardware ID

Panthera4142Male

If I buy this program and is linked to Hardware ID on the computer it is stalled what happened if that computer dies and I want to move it to another computer can this be done and if so how would it be done

If I buy this program and is linked to Hardware ID on the computer it is stalled what happened if that computer dies and I want to move it to another computer can this be done and if so how would it be done
Only the timed trial licenses are bound to the particular hardware AnyDVD is installed on. A purchased license is tied to you, the end-user. Not the hardware.

unless it is different on the download that is up now it does show the machine id on the app when i used the reg file so i think it is linked to the machine id for all, so if this computer ever dies and i try to install on a new system, it might not work as it looks like it is link to the machine ID

Then you haven't properly applied your paid Redfox license.

Now I'm curious about this answer, I have seen post that say only the trial is bound to a machine ID. When I open the program information tab there is a Machine ID entry and I have the paid version. Does anyone know why it is there?

Then you haven't properly applied your paid Redfox license.
The Machine ID shows here. And the license is properly activated.
I would imagine the Machine ID entry would show & have a different value if you installed the same license on another PC, and that all other entries would have the same values.

2016.05.23_07h31m15s_001.jpg

Last edited:
I would imagine the Machine ID entry would show & have a different value if you installed the same license on another PC, and that all other entries would have the same values.
I have two RedFox AnyDVD licenses, installed on two machines. The machine ID does differ on both machines, the rest of the information stays the same.

I tend to re-purpose old PC's. As a result I now have 8 PC's here on the compound.
Mine, my wife's, and the new laptop, all have my new key installed - they all have unique hardware ID's as well.
-W
The other 5 (including the now retired laptop) all have AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 on them into perpetuity.

Of course every machine has a unique ID. Even if the hardware is exactly the same, they're still not 1 machine. Certain hardware info is used to create the ID.

My guess is that is to make sure WE don't abuse the privilege of one license on multiple computers.
eg. more than one actively running at same time

My guess is that is to make sure WE don't abuse the privilege of one license on multiple computers.
eg. more than one actively running at same time

Could be - or it could be "vestigal" from the Beta. (shrug)
-W

It may just be related to the new trial request feature, so it can't be abused (reset etc)

Back