• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hardware Acceleration Issues

FavaBean

I am running the latest version of CloneBD (1.1.2.0) and have a Radeon HD 5770 graphics card with the absolute latest drivers (I have tried both the stable and beta drivers). By all accounts, I should be able to use Hardware Acceleration, as the card is supported, but I cannot select the option in settings. All options are greyed out.
Screenshot.png

I have uninstalled and reinstalled video drivers and I have uninstalled and reinstalled CloneBD, all with no luck. I followed the advice in the sticky thread about "What to do if...." and have attached my system info.

Furthermore, without hardware acceleration, ripping one Blu-Ray can take me upwards of 5 hours, even with my 16 thread dual-processor setup (2, 4-core, hyper-threaded physical processors) and CloneBD always says at the bottom that it is not utilizing all of my CPU and can run 130%-160% faster. Looking at system monitoring programs, I can clearly see that CloneBD is using the first 8 threads, but is not really touching the last 8 threads of my processors.

So, basically, I need speed. I have quite a lot of processing power but it isn't being fully utilized. I have an old, but decent, video card and it isn't being utilized at all.

I'm at wits' end. Please help.

Thanks!

Attachments

• FAVA-PC.txt
    103.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Correct. Nothing comes up. I even tried running command prompt as administrator and still get nothing... I have tons of codecs installed, though, as I use my computer to stream to a number of media extenders

no output is probably why the card isnt properly detected. those codecs are likely irrelevant. @Pete @Reto any idea's here

If I remember correctly the Radeon HD 5770 graphics card was made for Apple and also for PC, if its the one I am thinking its a 1GB graphics card that is very weak. It might not and I am not sure about this only speculating, it might not work with the VCE (AMD App). I hope this is not the case.

We know for nvidia compute capability 3.0 or higher is required for CLBD. However don't know what the requirement it is for AMD's UVD. Gonna tag @Pete & @Reto again to see if they can further assist. They'll know the inner workings better than us, however it's not unlikely that the card simply is too old to work. It's a 6 yrd old model

Thanks for the ideas - I have another card I can try, an HD5970. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Back