• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hardware acceleration for AnyDVD?

kbright

I'm running AnyDVD and CloneDVD on old, slow hardware.
Which hardware upgrades will help my DVD applications?
Will AnyDVD take advantage of multiple processor cores; dual core or quad core? Or is ripping and transcoding performance single treaded and directly related to single processor cpu speed?

Would AnyDVD or CloneDVD take advange of the NVIDIA GeForce 8600 with Full H.264 Decode Acceleration?

I'm running AnyDVD and CloneDVD on old, slow hardware.
Which hardware upgrades will help my DVD applications?
Will AnyDVD take advantage of multiple processor cores; dual core or quad core? Or is ripping and transcoding performance single treaded and directly related to single processor cpu speed?

Would AnyDVD or CloneDVD take advange of the NVIDIA GeForce 8600 with Full H.264 Decode Acceleration?

I personally am running a P4 2.66 with 1.5gb of PC3200 DDR, so you don't have to have the latest and greatest to take advantage of it. A good CPU, minimum 1gb ram, lots of HDD space, and not running programs at the same time is usually good enough. Dual/quad cores may let you do a little more at the same time, but isn't necessary to make quality back-ups. Quality media/burner/burn speed actually contribute more to good back-ups IMO.

Back