• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

hanging while copying 2

allin007

I am having the same issue as SRM14 who originally posted hanging while copying. It is the same scenario as it started about 2 updates ago. I have tested the dvd's i tried to copy using cd speed as suggested on other posts for problems and they tested perfect. I checked my system32/spool file as suggested in another thread and it was all ready empty.I have unistalled and reinstalled any dvd 6.3.1.3 and the newest version of clonedvd. I am not able to fully complete a create dvd file. I dont believe this issue is with anydvd or my dvd drive as i have sucessfully copied the TS_Video files from the Dvd onto my harddrive. This takes approximately 20-30mins which was about the average time it used to take to create a dvd file using Clonedvd. Clonedvd still hangs up while creating dvd files while copying from my c: hard drive. Also due to this issue i have started using dvd decrypter and another clonedvd program and have been able to burn dvd's sucessfully that way so the problem is not my dvd drive. I have included a copy of my create logfile and I am using windows xp pro. Help!!

Last edited:
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

Remove annoying adverts and trailers does not work properly with all discs. However, I doubt this is the problem.

1) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

2) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

3) Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

4. Check to ensure DMA is enabled for your burner: click http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7625

5) Defragment your harddrive

Last edited:
Clonedvd still hangs up while creating dvd files while copying from my c: hard drive.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem properly. Is Clonedvd hanging while in the process of burning--or while reading the original disc?

Hanging while copying

Reading the original disc. I am not even able to get to the process of burning because it takes anywhere from 1000-6000 minutes to try and read. It used to take only 20-30 minutes. I have tried reading it from an original dvd, from a copy i have made previously using Anydvd & Clonedvd, and also reading the file from my harddrive. The problem lies within Clonedvd because i can xfer the TS_Video files to my harddrive using anydvd with no problem. Clonedvd is hangin whether it is trying to read the files from an original dvd or my harddrive. I have defragmented my harddrive also.

Reading the original disc. I am not even able to get to the process of burning because it takes anywhere from 1000-6000 minutes to try and read. It used to take only 20-30 minutes. I have tried reading it from an original dvd, from a copy i have made previously using Anydvd & Clonedvd, and also reading the file from my harddrive. The problem lies within Clonedvd because i can xfer the TS_Video files to my harddrive using anydvd with no problem. Clonedvd is hangin whether it is trying to read the files from an original dvd or my harddrive. I have defragmented my harddrive also.

What CloneDVD version is that?

I have the notify when update available activated so i am currently running 2.9.1.5 on my CloneDVD

CloneDVD 2915 and hanging

I've seen this now a few times and there is nothing in the log to indicate why CloneDVD is not proceeding. What I've seen after an eternity of waiting is a user termination. The preprocessing in AnyDVD went to a normal completion.

James has looked at the log for the scenario I have seen in support and does not see anything wrong. :(

Suggestion: we should use the one step up/two steps back method here.8)

Please take the 2912 zip off this thread.
Uninstall CloneDVD, save the registration, and reboot.
Install 2912, reboot and try the exact same scenario again please.

Let us know or, better still, open a ticket in the CloneDVD queue and start off with where you were and where you are. I begin to think this is NOT a coincidence anymore.

Good luck and let me know.

Frank

Last of the wild ducks

Last edited:
I've seen this now a few times and there is nothing in the log to indicate why CloneDVD is not proceeding. What I've seen after an eternity of waiting is a user termination. The preprocessing in AnyDVD went to a normal completion.

James has looked at the log for the scenario I have seen in support and does not see anything wrong. :(

Suggestion: we should use the one step up/two steps back method here.8)

Please take the 2912 zip off this thread.
Uninstall CloneDVD, save the registration, and reboot.
Install 2912, reboot and try the exact same scenario again please.

Let us know or, better still, open a ticket in the CloneDVD queue and start off with where you were and where you are. I begin to think this is NOT a coincidence anymore.

Good luck and let me know.

Frank

Last of the wild ducks
I am curious, but 99.9% certain that there won't be any difference. 2912 -> 2915 had no changes on the driver layer.

I am curious, but 99.9% certain that there won't be any difference. 2912 -> 2915 had no changes on the driver layer.

I'm trying to think of what would cause Clonedvd to timeout during the read process, and I can't think of anything--unless some other program or driver on the system is suddenly becoming active and taking over the . . .

@allin007,

In addition to doing what Frank asks, please do this with an original dvd-video disc in your system:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Thank you

For what it's worth

Hi,

The other scenario I had was fixed by eliminating some very poorly cooperating media software. It might be wise now to investigate what filters are active if this has not already been done. It fixed one of these scenarios instantly.

Just a thought. 8)

The other scenario I had was fixed by eliminating some very poorly cooperating media software.

Please specify the media software that was causing issues (just for future reference). Thank you

Back