• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Had lifetimes licenses of every software before the change from Slysoft, so how does this work now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominick_7

Hi I had lifetime softwares of every software, but now seeing it was changed to redfox I'm not clear of what I can use vs have to rebuy? I thought it was just Redfox I had to re buy, and I barely was ok with that, figured why not support even though I bought a lifetime to it... but now I'm seeing Redfox apparently owns and distributes other softwares like CloneDVDMobile and CloneCD as well?? Does that mean that whatever now has the name Redfox I have to rebuy as lifetime memberships?? It cost me a lot before already :( Any clarification would be appreciated.. Thanks.

you can't rebuy redfox. You do need to however get a license for AnyDVD. As stated over a year ago now. AnyDVD is currently the ONLY application requiring a redfox license due to it needing constant development. There are currently NO PLANS AT ALL for any of the other products CloneCD/CloneDVD mobile to require a redfox license. Licenses sold by slysoft will at this time, continue to work just fine if there's any future updates. If this will change it will be announced. Elby products (CloneDVD2/CloneBD) are NOT affected by the shutdown as they are ELBY products.

you can't rebuy redfox. You do need to however get a license for AnyDVD. As stated over a year ago now. AnyDVD is currently the ONLY application requiring a redfox license due to it needing constant development. There are currently NO PLANS AT ALL for any of the other products CloneCD/CloneDVD mobile to require a redfox license. Licenses sold by slysoft will at this time, continue to work just fine if there's any future updates. If this will change it will be announced. Elby products (CloneDVD2/CloneBD) are NOT affected by the shutdown as they are ELBY products.

Sorry I meant Redfox AnyDVD in contrast to Slysofts.. Ah ok, phew thank you. So I just need to rebuy AnyDVD and shouldn't read anything into seeing the other two with the title Redfox in their titles, on the download page, as that update change.

Not at the moment no. There was simply an update to them to accept redfox issued license keys for new buyers that's all. There's no plans atm to require slysoft license owners to purchase new licenses for those too. Things may change ofc, but not at this time

Not at the moment no. There was simply an update to them to accept redfox issued license keys for new buyers that's all. There's no plans atm to require slysoft license owners to purchase new licenses for those too. Things may change ofc, but not at this time

So its Redfox issued keys from Elgy, as in, theyre still Elgy keys? Hmm k.. scared. Haha.

no it's keys issued by RedFox, accepted by Elaborate Bytes (ElBy) software

no it's keys issued by RedFox, accepted by Elaborate Bytes (ElBy) software

Huh... really.. you don't think that's weird? Like a hint on a transition? Could be wrong but I can't recall seeing two different software companies simultaneously issuing keys.

Huh... really.. you don't think that's weird? Like a hint on a transition? Could be wrong but I can't recall seeing two different software companies simultaneously issuing keys.
No its not strange at all, we are resellers of Elby products. Many software companies do this.

Same thing was true with slysoft. Slysoft was a licensed reseller for ElBy. Slysoft sold CloneDVD2 licenses just the same, doesn't mean the product was theirs. CloneDVD2 and CloneBD are Elby products (development wise). Reselling is a very common practice, for ANY product.

No its not strange at all, we are resellers of Elby products. Many software companies do this.

Ah ok resellers. Makes sense. I should have specified what I said as distributing with a history of changing hands with respect to exclusive ownership or distribution.

Same thing was true with slysoft. Slysoft was a licensed reseller for ElBy. Slysoft sold CloneDVD2 licenses just the same, doesn't mean the product was theirs. CloneDVD2 and CloneBD are Elby products (development wise). Reselling is a very common practice, for ANY product.

Got it. Reselling yes, that clarifies it. What made me concerned was, what I had in my head as a question was do some or most resellers have a history of taking ownership or exclusive rights of distribution to something they previously only were reselling?

reselling only means you're licensed to sell licenses to the product, the exclusive ownership remains with the original developer. Transferring ownership well maybe if a company or something buys another one out then perhaps.

reselling only means you're licensed to sell licenses to the product, the exclusive ownership remains with the original developer. Transferring ownership well maybe if a company or something buys another one out then perhaps.

Exactly, hence why I was concerned given the history of having a pattern of transferred exclusive ownership. Actually.. now that I think of it.. not sure I'm clear on how that happened. It was AnyDVD that distributed through Slysoft?, then ANYDVD opened up Redfox on their own after moving Belize? If so I guess there was no transfer of ownership then.

What history, there has never been a transfer of ownership except for CloneCD. As to what happened it's available in google & forum search. MPAA&AACS-LA force antiqua to shut slysoft down. Developers asked the user community if they wanted them to restart/continue, and we did. So a few months later a part of the former staff (who lost their job after slysoft got shut down), started RedFox and continued AnyDVD with the backing of the community. RedFox didn't move to belize, they're not anywhere. The domain is simply registered there thats all. RedFox doesn't have a central location

I'll leave it at that, the details are available through searching.

What history, there has never been a transfer of ownership except for CloneCD. As to what happened it's available in google & forum search. MPAA&AACS-LA force antiqua to shut slysoft down. Developers asked the user community if they wanted them to restart/continue, and we did. So a few months later a part of the former staff (who lost their job after slysoft got shut down), started RedFox and continued AnyDVD with the backing of the community. RedFox didn't move to belize, they're not anywhere. The domain is simply registered there thats all. RedFox doesn't have a central location

I'll leave it at that, the details are available through searching.

Thanks for explaining. Makes sense.

Purchased a life time, this is crap...what's from changing life time every so often? life time to them means nothing!

to who? The MPAA and AACS-LA, no it doesn't. To Slysoft it did and to RedFox it does. In the case of the former, updates were issued for the lifetime of slysoft until it was forcibly shut down. Do your research. We're not going to start this yet again, all over again.

Purchased a life time, this is crap...what's from changing life time every so often? life time to them means nothing!
You can buy a new license on the main Purchase page. RedFox is not Slysoft, Slysoft is out of business, we are a Project, not a company. Please use the Purchase page to join the Project. Thank you

You can buy a new license on the main Purchase page. RedFox is not Slysoft, Slysoft is out of business, we are a Project, not a company. Please use the Purchase page to join the Project. Thank you
Please let me know if I am understanding the "change". Several year ago I purchased slysoft anydvd, I had lifetime updates. Even though I am receiving notices of the new version, I now must pay redfox to obtain a license from redfox in order to continue using anydvd even though I do not have bluray dvd's? Is my understanding correct? Thank you for any clarification if I am misunderstanding.

Correct, and you have the mpaa and aacs-la to thank for that. They're ultimately responsible for shutting down SlySoft. However prices are cheaper than the ones SlySoft had after their switch to euro. And there's a free upgrade to hd on top. You can continue to use 7695 but without access to the OPD and new titles will eventually fail to decrypt.

There is currently a 20% discount.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back