• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion H265 Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roddneyuk

Hi,

I currently use StreamFAB for amazon, netflix and Disney plus. I am also wanting to add Paramount plus but Ive had enough of their 'pay for each platform' model and their 'all-in-one' is extortionatly priced, and now they have added another $80 for 'liftime update guarantee' for a product that is already lifetime??????????!!!!!!!!!
I have tried Anystream and liking the software and at about 125Eur its not stupid money. However in the trial I can only get H265 on amazon prime, is this a limitation of the trial or a 'standard' of the software?
I can see on the forum that others are talking about using Handbrake, etc to convert. This is one thing i do like about StreamFAB as there is no extra work involved.

Regards,
Dave

However in the trial I can only get H265 on amazon prime
You can swich to AVC in settings. But you might need to reload the site after that, or restart AS.
From what I heard, it is possible that not all titles are available in both formats. I always download AVC (H264) and never had any issues.

1. It could be that in settings Amazon is set to hevc instead of avc cbr/cvbr encoding that you want, or that title is only available in hevc encoding, but I’d say it’s likely simply the first one.

2. I think when people mention handbrake regarding files it’s useful for converting the downloaded file to something either compatible with their devices, in the correct container (.mp4 to .mkv) for their use case, their preferred container, or lowering file size or bitrate, or converting to hevc or other encoding format. I’m not sure what else to say about your last statement.

Ahh sorry i mean I do want h265 (HEVC) for all platforms, i can only see this option on Amazon currently.
I understand not all titles will have h265 available.

@Dijitul concerning your point 2. I use Plex media server to stream / download to my devices so not so worried there.

Last edited:
Can't speak to the trial, as I purchased the software before any h265 support existed, but for other providers where h265 is supported, selecting that codec is not in settings, but on the audio/video settings popup... I don't believe this is the case for ALL non Amz providers... NF doesn't do that... can't speak to Dis+ currently. Does work for hulu and max.

1709138927441.png

HEVC might come to other providers in the future, no promises though...
Thanks, not a deal breaker expecialy with hard drive sizes available, but the more h265 I can use the less cost in adding / replacing them. ;)

Hi,

I currently use StreamFAB for amazon, netflix and Disney plus. I am also wanting to add Paramount plus but Ive had enough of their 'pay for each platform' model and their 'all-in-one' is extortionatly priced, and now they have added another $80 for 'liftime update guarantee' for a product that is already lifetime??????????!!!!!!!!!
I have tried Anystream and liking the software and at about 125Eur its not stupid money. However in the trial I can only get H265 on amazon prime, is this a limitation of the trial or a 'standard' of the software?
I can see on the forum that others are talking about using Handbrake, etc to convert. This is one thing i do like about StreamFAB as there is no extra work involved.

Regards,
Dave
You're understanding of what Lifetime Update Guarantee is/does is not correct. Please ask over there for explanation.

As for H265. You can certainly use Handbrake. If you have a recent Nvidia card (Turning encoder or better), you can use Nvenc rigaya (a simplified front end is included in BD-Rebuilder on doom9.org). BUT H264 lossy compressed. So recompressing a compressed file to H265 could degrade video quality.

As @rpimonitrbtch mentioned, while you see HEVC for only Amazon under settings, when you download files, for services that Anystream can get H265 from, there will be a drop down to select it when downloading.

I see that option for Anystream in Max, Hulu, AppleTV+.

Ahh sorry i mean I do want h265 (HEVC) for all platforms, i can only see this option on Amazon currently.

@Dijitul concerning your point 2. I use Plex media server to stream / download to my devices so not so worried there.
You need to understand that AS is only downloading file formats that are offered by the provider and doesn't do reprocessing. So that would be your part if you want to compress the original file format that was downloaded.

You can only get H265

Amazon, Hulu, MAX, and Apple+ all can be downloaded in HEVC.

Plus from what I heard it doesn't have 1080p on Amazon. Only 720p. Not money well spent. And it doesn't work for new movie either, so it really can not be compared to AnyStream. ;)

Plus from what I heard it doesn't have 1080p on Amazon. Only 720p. Not money well spent. And it doesn't work for new movie either, so it really can not be compared to AnyStream. ;)
Not completely true. It does download 1080p for Amazon for stuff added before Jan 25, but newly added content is 480p as they haven't fully recovered from the DRM change.

Not completely true. It does download 1080p for Amazon for stuff added before Jan 25, but newly added content is 480p as they haven't fully recovered from the DRM change.
That’s a shame. I just know what I read I don’t use it. Maybe it was MAX that doesn’t have 1080 P.,

That’s a shame. I just know what I read I don’t use it. Maybe it was MAX that doesn’t have 1080 P.,
They have been struggling lately.

I haven't used them for Max in a while because they were stuck at 720p for some content while other stuff was available as 1080p and even 4K. For example, I just tried using theirs to download Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom from Max, I selected H265, DV and 4K, but was prompted with a message about DRM limits and got a 720p download. However Blue Beetle did download at 4K DV/HDR/ATMOS. That is why I prefer to use Anystream to download from Max, I get the resolution I selected, including 4k, the first time.

If someone asked my opinion on buying theirs today, I'd have to say now is not a good time. If you really want theirs, Wait. I wouldn't hesitate with Anystream, its a buy it. Your team did a much better job recovering from the Jan 25 CDM revocation than they did.

They have been struggling lately.

I haven't used them for Max in a while because they were stuck at 720p for some content while other stuff was available as 1080p and even 4K. For example, I just tried using theirs to download Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom from Max, I selected H265, DV and 4K, but was prompted with a message about DRM limits and got a 720p download. However Blue Beetle did download at 4K DV/HDR/ATMOS. That is why I prefer to use Anystream to download from Max, I get the resolution I selected, including 4k, the first time.

If someone asked my opinion on buying theirs today, I'd have to say now is not a good time. If you really want theirs, Wait. I wouldn't hesitate with Anystream, its a buy it. Your team did a much better job recovering from the Jan 25 CDM revocation than they did.
Honestly, I thank you for your honest reply, I didn't mean to seem antagonistic, I don't pay much attention to other programs, in the past when I had time I used to read all the forums but that stopped. We still have issues with Netflix that we are working on 24/7 , when that is finished we have a few small details to attend to and all will be well. I didn't bring up the other program, I shouldn't have responded at all. Thanks for your truthful reply.

Honestly, I thank you for your honest reply, I didn't mean to seem antagonistic, I don't pay much attention to other programs, in the past when I had time I used to read all the forums but that stopped. We still have issues with Netflix that we are working on 24/7 , when that is finished we have a few small details to attend to and all will be well. I didn't bring up the other program, I shouldn't have responded at all. Thanks for your truthful reply.
No worries, I do not want to speak of the other in your forums out of respect, however I think its only fair to correct the record if needed.

I do own both as you know. And I have my likes and dislikes about each, and I will always be honest about that. That being said, most of the "dislikes" I have with yours I've been able to either work around or live with. And it keeps evolving and improving. I have been and continue to be happy with my purchase.

Oh, and yes, their forums are a mess. I pity their mods. I will not say more.

No worries, I do not want to speak of the other in your forums out of respect, however I think its only fair to correct the record if needed.

I do own both as you know. And I have my likes and dislikes about each, and I will always be honest about that. That being said, most of the "dislikes" I have with yours I've been able to either work around or live with. And it keeps evolving and improving. I have been and continue to be happy with my purchase.

Oh, and yes, their forums are a mess. I pity their mods. I will not say more.
Agreed 100%. Mods can only do so much, especially if the developers don't keep them apprised of issues and fixes. I work closely with our development team so I may have a leg up. Thanks again. :thankyou:

You're understanding of what Lifetime Update Guarantee is/does is not correct. Please ask over there for explanation.

As for H265. You can certainly use Handbrake. If you have a recent Nvidia card (Turning encoder or better), you can use Nvenc rigaya (a simplified front end is included in BD-Rebuilder on doom9.org). BUT H264 lossy compressed. So recompressing a compressed file to H265 could degrade video quality.

As @rpimonitrbtch mentioned, while you see HEVC for only Amazon under settings, when you download files, for services that Anystream can get H265 from, there will be a drop down to select it when downloading.

I see that option for Anystream in Max, Hulu, AppleTV+.
"You're understanding of what Lifetime Update Guarantee is/does is not correct. Please ask over there for explanation"

Yer i have since re-read this and stand corrected. However its still a lot of money.
Im currently weighing up my options.

While im here can anyone recommend a good h265 convertor. I have used Handbrake and do still use it occasionally. However i have experienced a number of videos where the audio drops out part way through a video. Originals are ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back