• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

H265 1920x1080p H265 conversion AMD Polaris RX GPUS

gereral1

Back at it yet again with more testing of taking blurays that were backed up with AnydvHD and sing if I can get a 1/4 1/2 size compression with 0 details loss and 0 artifacts or screen blocking.

This article will be using A'S Video converter version released Feb 24/2017. I have spend hrs converting many GOP and other advanced setting to test out about 20 10 min H265 clips. For users that have the ability to do gpu H265 encoding you can expect with my settings to do a 206min movie in about 1h10min. This will use many settings that many users do not understand when it comes to the H265 code. Frame advance, GOP, VAR, FIX, ConPQ, P frame I frames , Codec Level and many more. Each setting is very important in the animation of each set of prediction frames to tell the encoder to set each zone to reduce bit rate and artifacts ts on pan scenes and colors that go from white to black. A GOP setting must be the equals of x2. What I mean is like 1x2 2, 2×2 4, 4×2 8, 8×2 16, 16×2 32, 32×2 64, 64×2 128, 128×2 264, 264×2 512, 512×2 1024, 1024×2 2056, 2056×2 5012.

Each GOP will increase the frame length thus reduce the blocking between drastic shifts in pans, contrast and brightness from color in limited and full rgb color.

Some see this as boxes or artifacts or see it as frame pumping. Testing I found scroll bar was not be second accurate in mpc the higher the GOP but the more accurate the bit rate I'd attained. Also noticed an intense in hard drive write like 1mb per second to 4mb sec encode. The lower I P B frames the fastest mb writes. Setting to 0 produces lawless video. Setting 21 will be average but a I17 P17 B0 made the quality Perfect on the blurry. To clear this up I will be making a video explain the H265 code and also 4k info regarding this which will be very helpful to the community using
Redford to decrease perfect extractions to create H265 files and Saveven huge hard drive space with 0 loss.With my settings you will foray save on 1the drive 500 -700 gigs of data in movie material. That means for every 1 movie you get 3 now on the same drive. This retains untouched audio tracks but you will lose menu in blueray. 4k will exciting to try. I'm thinking about 4k TV test sample testing with hdr to see how well I can compress it without noticing banding or color dark to bright blocking or errors in fast pans. I'll try to do this as not to break copywrite laws showing video picture or sound. This video will instruction video. Handbrake is a famous encoder but lacks some gpu support. The encoder I'm using is specifically for nevida and AMD hevc encoding with newer cards To get H265 support you must be using window 10. Windows 7, Vista will not work. This software also support kaby lake gpu as well.

I've tried this as well,
Also upconverted bluray captured back as RAW
File down converted to h265,-4K
= mpeg4/Mkv average movie size 16 to 17gig4k
From a standard 1080p bluray
Up conversation is from a UHD player
45 gig average bluray.
No quality loss no HDR ofcourse.

H265 testing yells some picture corruption. Vce h264 for Polaris is perfect. Took 22gig movie down to 5.5gig with 0 loss. Took 1h 10min at approx 55-60FPS encode per second via gpu. Before this rx card it would take my computer 5-6 hours to do via and x4 3.4gig cpu and the encode did NOT look as good as the 5.5 gig and to top it off it came in around 11gig. I've found some sweet settings that I will share with you guys who can do gpu encoding with a's new video encoder Feb 24 release. Off to work but I'll throw it up next week

Back