• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

H.265/HEVC 10bit quality slider not working correctly?

Hoth80

I am trying to transcode some UHD discs to MKV to reduce space. I want to preserve the HDR so I set video codec to "H.265/HEVC 10bit" (software), but when I tried to adjust the quality slider, I noticed that it doesn't seem to work properly.

What I mean is, it only gives me 2 options. If I move the slider to the far left, it gives me maximum bitrate (52.86 mbps). If I move the slider to the right, regardless how much, it gives me minimum bitrate (6.13 mbps). There is no middle option. (I was trying to set 20 mbps).

I see that if I select "H.265/HEVC" without 10 bit, the slider lets me set quality to 20 mbps, but doesn't this mean I will lose HDR?

Am I doing something wrong? Or do I not understand how it works?

Thank you

2020-10-10 12_17_13-CloneBD Blu-ray Media Converter 01.png 2020-10-10 12_18_16-CloneBD Blu-ray Media Converter 02.png 2020-10-10 12_20_32-CloneBD Blu-ray Media Converter 03.png You didn't do anything wrong, @Reto @Fabian has to check this out.

Attachments

• 300-RUHM ERWARTET EUCH! Iso UHD HDR.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back