• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guitar Hero 3 does not work with ClonCD

fubarms

HI, I bought the game Guitar Hero 3 for the PC and I want to make a backup copy of it and I think the game is using SecuROM I am using the newest version of CloneCD and burn one copy to test out and it does not work. Do you guys support 1:1 copy for SecuROM?

No. And nothing does with dvds without emulation.

Try Game Jackal

So as long as GJ supports the game you are trying to backup then 1:1 copy using CloneCD will work (if you GJ running at the same time)?

So as long as GJ supports the game you are trying to backup then 1:1 copy using CloneCD will work (if you GJ running at the same time)?

No.

And there's no such thing as 1:1 dvd copy of a Securerom 7.x protected game.

HI, webslinger so are you guys plaining on making clonecd to support securerom 7.0 to work? Also how do they make securerom so secure?

HI, webslinger so are you guys plaining on making clonecd to support securerom 7.0 to work?

I don't work for Slysoft. I'm an end-user like you. I have no clue.

Also how do they make securerom so secure?

I'm not sure why you feel it's "secure". GameJackal and a lot of other programs do support Securerom. These programs do employ some form of emulation, though.

HI, webslinger so are you guys plaining on making clonecd to support securerom 7.0 to work? Also how do they make securerom so secure?

Earlier versions of Securom (v4.x and earlier) only used illegal sub-channel data to protect the disc and was very easy to duplicate as long as you had a burner capable of reading and writing this sub-channel data (virtually all newer drives can).

Later versions now actually work in a totally different way, analyzing the actual physical structure of the original disc and creating a vendor-specific pattern from the density of the data on the disc. The software issues certain SCSI commands during bootup (other times as well I think) that check this pattern and can determine with a great deal of precision whether the copy is original or not. It's impossible to burn a copy with the exact same data density pattern as the original and therefore create a working copy. This is why the protection works so well.

Back