• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guide for flashing UHD drives for AnyDVD / Important!!

Question: I have a BW-16d1HT with original Firmware 3.02 and MAkeMKV says that all LibreDrive Options are Enabled. Is there any advantage if i flash the patched Firmware 3.10 or should i leave my Drive as it is?

The drive will work fine for you with UHD. You can change to 3.10MK linked in the guide. This will bring a little more speed in reading and a better performance in burning. I would keep the 3.02 for the first testing. Never change a running system.

Regarding Pioneer drives for writing >25GB discs...which one (external) you'll suggest ?
How about the BDR-XS07UHD ?
Thanks !

I would not recommend that slim drive but a BDR-209 or BDR-212 full size drive and put it in a OWC Mercury Pro external enclosure.

But please check if the Pioneer drive fits the length of the enclosure. The ICY BOX IB-550StU3S seems to be longer and is an alternative.

Last edited:
I would not recommend that slim drive but a BDR-209 or BDR-212 full size drive and put it in a OWC Mercury Pro external enclosure.

But please check if the Pioneer drive fits the length of the enclosure. The ICY BOX IB-550StU3S seems to be longer and is an alternative.

Thank you very much !

@Swiso
I will get my new Pioneer BDR 212 in a few days. If you can wait I will do some testing and give feedback here.

Hi kufo,
Sure.. no problem...still waiting for parts for my new system...I think I will start build it not before end of January..

Thanks !

Don’t wish to hijack this conversation, but I have a question regarding a new drive I’ve ordered LG BH16NS55 probably with FW version 1.05 or maybe even later.

Does DOSFLASH still work for these new drives, I would like to at least dump the original firmware before flashing it ?

Or is there another method to backup the firmware ?

Saw this post, has anything changed, it looks a bit bleak

...............”Just a heads up. I just purchased a BH16NS55 which has a manufactured date of Feb 2019 and comes with firmware revision 1.04 installed. This firmware is nasty!

Currently unable to flash with either the modified ASUS fw changer (updating failure #4) or the LG patched flasher (write DRAM NG 05/26/03).

Also unable to use the old DOSFLASH method. (MTK Vendor Intro Failed!).

It looks like LG has managed to stop us (for now!) with firmware 1.04.”

Last edited:
Do not use DosFlash, that thing is obsolete and can brick your drive if not used correctly. Use the proper tools listed in the sticky.

@Swiso
Today got the new Pioneer drive in hands :) It is 212 EBK from 07/20. You asked for 212 UBK in your link.
The diffrece seems to be in reading / writing BD-TL, BD-QL. Look here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/comp...K/BHitems/1520034-REG_1021126-REG_1520033-REG
I honestly dont belive in this specitication because even my old BDR 206 can handle this discs. It was manufactered long ago before BD-TL/QL came out.
Now I´m waiting for my external enclosure. Whithout this I can´t test it. :(

Strangely only the Pioneer BDR-212UBK supports BD-TL and BD-QL. I was also not aware of that. All other like BDR-206, 209 and 212EBK only support BD-DL. The LGs all support TL and QL but only in theory because their writing strategy / ability at the layer break is just very bad and read errors are inevitable.

Which enclosure did you order?

P.S.: whirlpool was succesful to flash the LG from 1.05 encrypted to MK and then from there to ASUS 3.10 MK with SDFTool.

P.S.: whirlpool was succesful to flash the LG from 1.05 encrypted to MK and then from there to ASUS 3.10 MK with SDFTool.
Ah cool (y) Yor guide was helpful another time :D
Which enclosure did you order?
OWC Mercury Pro External stainless steel.
Strangely only the Pioneer BDR-212UBK supports BD-TL and BD-QL.
There is a newer FW 1.3 for this drive. It was released after the manufactering date of my drive (07/20). Perhaps it works with BD-TL/QL :cool:
If not, no problem for me... BD-DL is enough for me. Not one of my playeres can handle a burned BD-XL - So why burning this?

Back