• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GUESSING C.S.S. KEYS?????

You don't have windows explorer. That's not possible, thats the file explorer in windows. Hence "Windows Explorer". As to device manager

Code:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/005a1acb-776e-4320-b9f2-3a2302a320da/open-device-manager

Device Manager: right-click on 'My Computer' desktop icon/Start Menu item & select 'Manage', or select 'Computer Management' under 'Administrative Tools'.

Windows Explorer: right-click on 'Start' button & select 'Open Windows Explorer'.

How do I get to Windows Device Manager. I have Any DVD off. I don't have Windows Explorer. I have Accessories. Administrative tool.. and Systems
That not possible as others said. Also that issue isn't a RedFox problem to fix either so either you get a book on Windows and read up on your O/S and not makeup something that is clearly there since WIndows O/S was born. Even Windows 10 has the Explorer icon so your statement that doesn't have one is being disingenuous here. We here to help with RedFox and Elbybyte problems but not your Windows problems - one needs to read-up on how to use their O/S or not use it.

Windows Explorer: hold down the Windows key, and press E.

Now that he's got various methods to open Windows Explorer, lets get back on topic shall we. You set a drive region through device manager, not windows explorer

i had same issue,was guessing keys,make sure you get correct region as you can only change 5 times i think it is in windows Right click on my computer/properties/hardware/device manager/dvdrom/properties/region and change to region 2 (or whatever ur on). You've only got a limited number of times you can do this (usually 5)

How about adding setting of the drive region code to AnyDVD?
This would be great if a popup window automatically warns the user to set the region now before continuing any further.

Not at all. I was thinking of a drive region setup dialog/wizard.
May run into a problem with that, James, since the number of region changes is limited. I can see circumstances where thumb-fingered operators messed up a drive with software-driven region changes.

May run into a problem with that, James, since the number of region changes is limited. I can see circumstances where thumb-fingered operators messed up a drive with software-driven region changes.

Probably not, if it's only triggered by an unset region?

Probably not, if it's only triggered by an unset region?
Yes the ideal scenario is if it's only triggered when it reports:
Region 0 (Not Set)!
For any Optical Drive that AnyDVDHD can access and can do it's "magic" on .

Would Not be triggered when it reports a region is set. Regardless of the region.

And honestly if you're using AnyDVDHD to decrypt the media and remove the region for archiving or to use a software player then the region should only need to be set once at the drive level. And that should be the region of the user. Which is the region most of your media is typically from. And once in the software player. AnyDVDHD's region removal feature makes it usable by software players on drive set to a different region.
Or if using a backup on a different region set-top player.
However for those users that import a great amount of media from another region it would be good idea to use a dedicated drive set to that region too.
Disclaimer:
Region removal doesn't have anything to do with the standard that media is recorded in. ie. PAL vs NTSC SD content on the media.

Last edited:

Feature would ONLY kick in if region is unset. Otherwise not available to user.
Solved.
-W

Hmm..... see Nebo beat me to this - LOL!

[Edit]
Ah sorry, didn't read through all posts to the end.
For others, who need some picture guidance to set a region code.

Make sure to have AnyDVD disabled in first place.

Here are a few screenshots. The procedure is similar in Windows 7 and Windows 10 and Win 8 / 8.1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First How to get into the Device Manager

In Windows 7
Open the startmenu
Klick on ->Start
Klick on -> All Programs
Klick on ->Accessoires
Klick on ->System programs
Klick on ->Control Panel

I thinks it's called Control Panel
[System settings (system control)]

In Control Panel you must unhide the hidden elements, (if not done already)
Near the right upper corner of the ->Control Panel<- window you will find a switchable option ->"category"
Please klick on it and select "Big symbols" or similar to unhide the hidden elements.
The main thing is, not to have "Category" selected.
Now many more big symbols like "Add and remove programs" or "Programs and features", ->Device Manager<- etc. appears.
Please look through all symbols, you'll find the ->Device Manager<- when looking through here.

In Windows 10 (#Build 1511):
Open Starmenu by clicking on the Windows-Logo-Sysmbol on the left bottom, very left on the taskbar.
Klick on ->All Apps
Scroll all the much way down to ->Windows System
Klick on ->Control Panel

Or perhaps called System settings or system control (Systemsteuerung <=in German)

In Windows 10 (#Build 1607)
Open Starmenu by clicking on the Windows-Logo-Sysmbol on the left bottom, very left on the taskbar.
(There is not an annoying "All Apps" submenu in the starmenu in Win10 Build 1607)
Then Scroll all the much way down to ->Windows System<- and open this submenu
Klick on ->Control Panel

In Control Panel you must unhide the hidden elements, (if not done already)
Near the right upper corner of the ->Control Panel<- window you will find a switchable option ->"category"
Please klick on it and select "Big symbols" or similar to unhide the hidden elements.
The main thing is, not to have "Category" selected.
Now many more big symbols like "Add and remove programs" or "Programs and features", ->Device Manager<- etc. appears.
Please look through all symbols, you'll find the ->Device Manager<- here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Device Manager select ->CD-/DVD-Drives
Right Klick on your model number ->Properties
Select section 2 of the properties of your drive model ->Drive Region<-

Scroll down in ->Drive Region and select your country you are in.
The screenshot here is just an example. I have Region 2 because I'm in Europe.
ExamIe if you are in the US, then select United States (Vereinigte Staaten <=German)

Be careful max count of region set changes are limited to five!!!
After fifth time you can't change the region again.
Perhaps there is a way, but you would need a drive region hack, and that's perhaps too complicated.
When you have your region I think AnyDVD can remove the region lock of any disc regardless of the region setting of the optical drive. But you need to have a region set for the drive so AnyDVD can work with region code removal properly.

MAKE SURE TO HAVE ANYDVD DISABLED, before changing the setting and/or going into the device manager.

Attachments

• 1_Startmenu_Win10_Build_1511_System_control.jpg
    1_Startmenu_Win10_Build_1511_System_control.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1_Startmenu_Win10_Build_1607_System_control.jpg
    1_Startmenu_Win10_Build_1607_System_control.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2_Startmenu_Win10_Build_1511_System_control.jpg
    2_Startmenu_Win10_Build_1511_System_control.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 3_System_control_-!Unhide_hidden_elemets!-_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    3_System_control_-!Unhide_hidden_elemets!-_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 4_System_control_-Opening-!Device-Manager!_(Geraetemanager)_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    4_System_control_-Opening-!Device-Manager!_(Geraetemanager)_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 5_Device-Manager_Please_Select_CD-DVD-drive-section_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    5_Device-Manager_Please_Select_CD-DVD-drive-section_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 6_Device-Manager_CD-DVD-BD-Drive-selected_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    6_Device-Manager_CD-DVD-BD-Drive-selected_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 7_Device-Manager_Rightklick,Drive_Properties_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    7_Device-Manager_Rightklick,Drive_Properties_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 8_Drive_Model_Properties_Select_second_tab_!Drive_Region!_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    8_Drive_Model_Properties_Select_second_tab_!Drive_Region!_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 9_Drive_Region_Scroll_down,select_your_country_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    9_Drive_Region_Scroll_down,select_your_country_Win10_Build_1511,_Build_1607.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
[Edit]

MAKE SURE TO HAVE ANYDVD DISABLED, before changing the setting and/or going into the device manager.

Current instructions here are to right click the Red Fox down in the tray on the right and EXIT AnyDVD before setting the drive region.
Then re-boot and AnyDVD will auto-start and see the "new drive" properly.

-W

Current instructions here are to right click the Red Fox down in the tray on the right and EXIT AnyDVD before setting the drive region.
Then re-boot and AnyDVD will auto-start and see the "new drive" properly.

-W
Exit, disabled, same result. Reboot is not necessary. Who says this reboot thing?

I've been working on new stickies. The one you linked too will soon be history.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

I've read previously that you say disable does the same.
So it might be worthwhile updating point 13.b) here:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/global-faqs-some-information-for-isolating-problems.5091/
Twice, in RED, it only mentons "EXIT".
Maybe change wording to "YOU MUST DISABLE / EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION"?
EXIT alone in a sticky is fine. It works. More choices probably confuse people. Consider DISABLE as a bonus feature. (And it is quite logical, that it works, isn't it?)
And this is all obsolete as soon as I have a region setting dialog inside AnyDVD. It is just annoying to test, as I only have 5 tries before I need the next DVD drive for testing. ;)

@James I have 3 optical drives in my rig, none of which have seen more than 1 change, and a laptop too. I'd be happy to offer some of my changes up for testing.

Slightly off topic And in regards to beta .4 OPD change how old is 'older'?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Back