• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Goodbye Nero

antipodes

For the information of subscribers here follows an extract of an email I received from Nero about their support for their Blu-ray product;

"
Please be informed of:

With Nero 2016 Platinum Blu-ray and AVCHD playback is no longer supported. Based on massive customer feedback we have therefore included streaming and 4K support into our new Platinum version.

In addition, Nero includes a music recorder software with Nero 2016 Platinum, which allows to record music of more than 100,000 Internet radio stations.

Ripping, burning and copying of non-copy-protected Blu-ray is still possible with Nero 2016 Platinum, but only suitable for use with private and non-copyright-protected content."

The used Nero Blu-Ray Player on your computer is the last version which was shipped/included at Nero 2015 Platinum

For the information of subscribers here follows an extract of an email I received from Nero about their support for their Blu-ray product;

"
Please be informed of:

With Nero 2016 Platinum Blu-ray and AVCHD playback is no longer supported. Based on massive customer feedback we have therefore included streaming and 4K support into our new Platinum version.

In addition, Nero includes a music recorder software with Nero 2016 Platinum, which allows to record music of more than 100,000 Internet radio stations.

Ripping, burning and copying of non-copy-protected Blu-ray is still possible with Nero 2016 Platinum, but only suitable for use with private and non-copyright-protected content."

The used Nero Blu-Ray Player on your computer is the last version which was shipped/included at Nero 2015 Platinum

I'm surprised by this news, but to be honest, I haven't used Nero in years.

I guess we'll have to thank the Blu-ray Association, Sony, and all parties responsible for Cinavia for this news.

not a big loss really, their player sucked anyway

... anyone who actually considered the Nero software Blu-ray player as a selling point for Nero and the removal making it not worth purchasing makes me question their judgement to begin with. Nero's Blu-ray player was always the worst licensed player in existence. Good riddance.

You hold on longer than me, i skiped it after Nero 5
That was because in XP it worked fine and did the job I wanted it to do and more but once I went Windows 7 it refuse to install or allow Nero 6 to work. That was the deal breaker.

You hold on longer than me, i skiped it after Nero 5
Nero 10 Express Essentials works just fine for me, I use it to quick erase RW discs so I can reuse them.

The other features are a major waste, I use ImgBurn for burning discs.

You do know IMGBurn can do quick erase too right, so you could drop Nero completely :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

You do know IMGBurn can do quick erase too right, so you could drop Nero completely :)

I've tried the quick/full erase feature of Imgburn before, for me it doesn't work. The erase process "hangs" at 99%.

Two different PCs, Windows 7 and Win 10. 32 and 64 bit, 3 DVD-RW drives, 1 BD-RE drive

I abandoned Nero about 10 years ago after spending many hours trying to get it to work with DVDs.
My only question is what genius decided to call it Nero Platinum 2016 if it doesn't do Bluray? They were probably not willing to pay the license fees and become fully legally BD compliant like PDVD has achieved.

You get what you pay for and that's especially true for Bluray compliant playback software.

Last edited:
I've tried the quick/full erase feature of Imgburn before, for me it doesn't work. The erase process "hangs" at 99%.

Two different PCs, Windows 7 and Win 10. 32 and 64 bit, 3 DVD-RW drives, 1 BD-RE drive
That's strange, never had any issues with Imgburn. Another reason I use Imgburn is because it makes it easy to erase a BD-RW and remove spare areas which means you get the full disc space rather than having some of the disc space 'reserved' and unusable. Especially handy when testing with images that use the full space of a Blu-ray disc. Maybe that's why it hangs. Maybe the discs it's trying to erase have issues in the spare areas which Nero ignores

Not wanting to disparage Nero, but when they had a version that came with a purchased DVD drive it was okay, but its almost 4 gbs now, that's bigger than my Adobe Acrobat Professional 11, and that comes with a bunch of templetes.

Yeah now it's nothing but crap bloatware. Last time I used actually used it was 5 or 6. Though I did install 8 just to check it out, didn't like it much and ever since 6 it all just went downhill.

Yeah now it's nothing but crap bloatware. Last time I used actually used it was 5 or 6. Though I did install 8 just to check it out, didn't like it much and ever since 6 it all just went downhill.

agree...Nero 6 was the last best Nero that Nero Company created anything since was just bloatware...

That was because in XP it worked fine and did the job I wanted it to do and more but once I went Windows 7 it refuse to install or allow Nero 6 to work. That was the deal breaker.

Same here.
Any Nero after 6 was just bloatware that thinks it owns the entire media division of your PC.
Once I left XP and Nero 6 behind, I went to Imgburn too.
Learning curve was pretty easy.
-W

That's strange, never had any issues with Imgburn. Another reason I use Imgburn is because it makes it easy to erase a BD-RW and remove spare areas which means you get the full disc space rather than having some of the disc space 'reserved' and unusable. Especially handy when testing with images that use the full space of a Blu-ray disc. Maybe that's why it hangs. Maybe the discs it's trying to erase have issues in the spare areas which Nero ignores

I don't "do" Blu-ray back ups, only DVD back ups.

It turns out I was in error about a DVD-RW being erased in Ingburn hung, the process just took 3 times longer to finish than doing one with Nero 10 Essentials. With no indication the erase process was happening. No progress bar in the Imgburn UI or activity light from the drive.

Imgburn does erase a DVD-RW, taking almost an hour (3 different PCs) versus 15 minutes for Nero Essentials.

Nero Essentials is vastly different than the full bloated Nero.

When erasing in Imgburn it tells you the percentage at the top and bottom left of the main Imgburn screen.
On my systems it takes around 16 minutes to do a full erase in Imgburn for a SL DVD-RW, and around the same for Nero 10

Last edited:
Back