• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Good site for used DVD/Blu-Ray?

Let me see here. I walk into a legal establishment, give them money for dvd's, they give me the dvd's with a receipt, saying I bought them. Possession, being nine tenths of the law and the receipt makes them mine. I then store them on one of two 4 TB drives. When a 4 TB drive becomes full, I back it up to the master 8 TB drive, because I am a NASA protocol kind of person. And as soon as the SSD's drop a little more I will go for another full backup of all files. Well before the second hard drive back up. Having 800 dvd's sitting in boxes depreciating in value makes no sense to me. I am getting close to retirement, and I try not to engage in the type of self delusion, that makes some people think their 25 anniversary edition of dirty dancing will be worth thousands of dollars in 20 more years.

backuping: back up: Make a copy of (a computer file) especially for storage in another place as a security copy

That's not what they're saying. The meaning 'backup' is to create a duplicate of something you own for safe keeping. When you sell the disc again you don't own it (anymore). From that point what you're doing doesn't even qualify as time-shifting watching, borderline piracy. Now, let me make it very clear I'm not accusing u of anything, just saying that what you're doing doesn't qualify for the definition of a 'fair use backup'.

Good site for used DVD/Blu-Ray?
Just my two pence, but given the hassles I've had in getting replacements for defective new DVDs from online services such as Amazon, buying USED discs online is really something I wouldn't want to do.

I would only purchase used discs from a reputable brick and mortar business that guarantees returns if defective.

Last edited:
Had a Saturday off and it is the first of the month, so I decided I was going to do a dvd hunt at my four favorite pawn shops. Decided to start at the one in the affluent neighborhood, that was the only stop I needed. They had so many pristine dvd's, it was unbelievable. 36 movies and the first season of the West Wing for $40. Finally found a copy of the first Terminator, City of Angels, and Pride and Prejudice among many older titles. I am almost finish with all the older movies for my server.

For anyone who scours pawn shops for DVDs, now is the perfect time. Went looking today, just on a whim. Came across someone's collection of special edition James Bond movies. Really plugged a few holes in my Bond collection. Also finally a good copy of Big Trouble in Little China. Whoo hoo!

Just my two pence, but given the hassles I've had in getting replacements for defective new DVDs from online services such as Amazon, buying USED discs online is really something I wouldn't want to do.

I would only purchase used discs from a reputable brick and mortar business that guarantees returns if defective.

I buy used discs (CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays) from Second Spin. They never given me a hassle when I've encountered a bad one (which is rare). They just send me another one. They don't even ask for the bad one back.

I also don't find getting replacements from Amazon a hassle. I just request a replacement, and throw the bad one on the porch. The UPS guy comes and takes the bad one at no charge to me, and Amazon sends me a new one. How is that a hassle?

The old brick and mortar rental chains like Blockbuster used to be a nice resource for used movies, they would sell off some to make room for new releases but Netflix discs by mail which basically replaced them does not - they must have more physical storage space and discard more discs due to damage in the mail. Redbox in North America, has a "For Sale" button where you can check for used movies. I haven't had a lot of luck with used blu-rays because the public (excluding people here) must conduct stress tests or something because and they often have hairline cracks which makes makes AnyDVD HD give an error - which I appreciate because I don't want to keep damaged discs. New and like new discounted movies are obviously the sweet spot if you can wait a while until they are no longer new release.

hello everyone i'm a new here and need a friend can someone tell me more credit card please??

need a friend here please to enlighten me on cc

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, your bank can. Please do not double post 3 minutes apart (posts merged), hijack a topic with an unrelated issue. Credit cards have nothing to with the topic of used DVD/blu-ray

Back