• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Good site for used DVD/Blu-Ray?

Yes I think you are right. I am going to change tactics and hit up Walmart and Best Buy.
Oh yea I was surprised to find the movies that were in there. Actually I think I will hit it again this weekend. Since you got me thinking about it now LOL .:whistle:(y);):)

A Walmart close by to me has some Blu-ray's for $7.88 and $3 to $5 DVD's. Found some great titles i wanted you just have to dig in those big round bins. LOL
At my local Walmart discount DVD/BD bins/cardboard racks are scattered throughout the store. Some by the check-stands, some by the electronics section, some in places where there is some floor space in a high traffic area.

There are some good bargains, there are also some cheap third-party knock-offs. It definitely pays to look and dig if you want a movie/TV series for a low price. New, not used, but still a good price.

There is a used book store chain, Half Price Books, that has used DVDs/BDs available as well. I found the first two seasons of Hogan's Heroes on DVD at a decent price. With a return policy if the DVDs were unplayable. They played flawlessly even with a couple of VERY minor surface scratches.

More than a few of my purchased new DVD collection isn't that good a condition. ;)

I was on ebay and noticed a used Blu-ray for $6 (normally goes for $15). The website is orbitdvd.com and I was impressed.

Note: The movie I was looking for was in the German forum but the movie cover was in English so one thing led to another...

I was on ebay and noticed a used Blu-ray for $6 (normally goes for $15). The website is orbitdvd.com and I was impressed.

Note: The movie I was looking for was in the German forum but the movie cover was in English so one thing led to another...
Have to look into that....

I'm gonna go to wally world today and dig through the $7.88 Blu-ray bin. Have found some great movies hiding in there. If you live in the US of our wAy. And have a Walmart close by go and look for those round aisle bins for these. They also have some on the racks for that price. But not all the Walmart's have them. The one that's 10 min from me don't but the one that's 20 min away does but hey it's still worth it and I get to go by the comic book store as well. LOL

I'm gonna go to wally world today and dig through the $7.88 Blu-ray bin. Have found some great movies hiding in there. If you live in the US of our wAy. And have a Walmart close by go and look for those round aisle bins for these. They also have some on the racks for that price. But not all the Walmart's have them. The one that's 10 min from me don't but the one that's 20 min away does but hey it's still worth it and I get to go by the comic book store as well. LOL
That's how I got The Wizard Of Oz Blu-ray for $7.88 awhile back. I had bought it years ago (Regular Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray), but the regular disc turned out to be defective, and I didn't want to spend at least around $12 on Amazon for a new copy of the regular Blu-ray.

And, it was within 12 minutes of where I live, a win-win as far as I am concerned.

Oh yea they're are some hidden gems in there for sure. And honestly I won't even buy/rent a DVD anymore all the ones I have acquired in the last three to four yrs have come in the form of a combo pack. Because upconvertion doesn't do it for me. The only ones tolerable to me are my TV cartoon box sets like GI Joe, Original Transformer's, and the DC/Marvel superheroes. So I guess I'm a "little" spoiled by the greatness of the true 1080p watching movies. Is also why I do all my mkv's as lossless if possible do to CBD issues that are being addressed as we speak by the great people at RedFox and Elby and I thank them for addressing my issue.

Oh yea they're are some hidden gems in there for sure. And honestly I won't even buy/rent a DVD anymore all the ones I have acquired in the last three to four yrs have come in the form of a combo pack. Because upconvertion doesn't do it for me. The only ones tolerable to me are my TV cartoon box sets like GI Joe, Original Transformer's, and the DC/Marvel superheroes. So I guess I'm a "little" spoiled by the greatness of the true 1080p watching movies. Is also why I do all my mkv's as lossless if possible do to CBD issues that are being addressed as we speak by the great people at RedFox and Elby and I thank them for addressing my issue.
Yep, I'm just now getting into MKVs just like you.

I purchased MakeMKV awhile back, thanks to the praise from the mod SamuriHL, and it does have its uses, but I'm enjoying the progress that CloneBD has been making in MKVs and overall since it was introduced to the buying public back in December of 2014.

The bugs I used to have with CloneBD as far as making ISOs or MKVs have become fewer and fewer since the beginning, because Forum members like you and me have made the time to send in CloneBD logs (and AnyDVD HD logs when necessary) to elby just so they can fix any issues that pop up.

Now, if they can find a way to make Cinavia free MKVs in the original audio (not AC3) then they'll be set.

(y)

Oh yea they're are some hidden gems in there for sure. And honestly I won't even buy/rent a DVD anymore all the ones I have acquired in the last three to four yrs have come in the form of a combo pack.
That's what I am looking for as well DVD/BD combo little more expensive but well worth it. I rent and backup those from my library because I know the history they get stolen or damage and I have nothing to watch should I go back to wanting to watch them. If this didn't happen I would constantly be checking out DVD/BD from my library and watching them but some people seem to think they have the right to steal them from others so we can't watch them and worst yet we pay taxes to replace them and the thief themselves all pay for those stolen materials but have their heads up where the sun don't shine.

Now, if they can find a way to make Cinavia free MKVs in the original audio (not AC3) then they'll be set.

I'm confused. Using the original audio track, if an MKV is burned on a disc, I believe it is treated as a data disc and will not trigger Cinavia. If it is played through the USB port, I believe very few players will look for Cinavia via USB. My disc burning days are over but I have never triggered Cinavia using the USB port on a Panasonic or Oppo. Others may have different experiences.

According to Sami there are some players coded wrong that do detect it. I myself don't have one that does although I have not tested it on the XB1 and actually I think I will do that today. I've got an infected MKV just for that very purpose. He did say a PlayStation would detect it . I've not got one to test on but I know someone who does. I'm not doing it from burnt disc but a file on drive which is the way I intend to use them anyway.

Walmart by me has a $5.00 bin with a lot of great Blu rays. I got all the seasons of 24 there, for 5bucks each.

Oh wow. That's sweet. The only ones that are five here that I know of anyway are DVD'S. Burn it up. I would if I could.

Anyone have a reputable site they use to buy used DVD/Blu-Ray discs?

Searching around I could not find much. I know there is Amazon and Ebay but those are a pain to find exactly what you are looking for, especially when you are looking for several discs.

Just hoping to leverage the knowledge and wisdom of the community.

Thanks in advance.
Take a look at this eBay company: http://movies.half.ebay.com/

Take a look at this eBay company: http://movies.half.ebay.com/

Personally, Ebay and even private sellers on Amazon would be the last place I would look for used Dvd's/BD's. Years ago I bought the Final Season of Dexter, what I got was a very good copy that the average person would not know was a fake. The packaging was off, insert slightly off center, and the colors a tad faded. The discs were pressed. Thanks to AnyDVD I was able to detect it was a fake as all the discs lacked any encryption. I had the previous seasons to compare with.

Pawn shops are my place of choice and you never know what might show up. I found an OPPO 983 for $10 and a Sony bdp-s5100 RegionFree for $50. I have also found many OOP items (most notable was a rare IronMan Steelbook BD for $5).

Video store close outs. Second hand stores. Garage Sales. Value Village - I have found quite a few Logitech Harmonys for $3.

The forums at Blu-ray.com have a wealth of information for deals both used and new.

Personally, Ebay and even private sellers on Amazon would be the last place I would look for used Dvd's/BD's. Years ago I bought the Final Season of Dexter, what I got was a very good copy that the average person would not know was a fake. The packaging was off, insert slightly off center, and the colors a tad faded. The discs were pressed. Thanks to AnyDVD I was able to detect it was a fake as all the discs lacked any encryption. I had the previous seasons to compare with.

Pawn shops are my place of choice and you never know what might show up. I found an OPPO 983 for $10 and a Sony bdp-s5100 RegionFree for $50. I have also found many OOP items (most notable was a rare IronMan Steelbook BD for $5).

Video store close outs. Second hand stores. Garage Sales. Value Village - I have found quite a few Logitech Harmonys for $3.

The forums at Blu-ray.com have a wealth of information for deals both used and new.
Better yet they have better protections returns compared to on the street vendors or in person seller you have no recourse. If you didn't use those options on eBay/Amazon then the lost is yours not the seller and isn't the fault of eBay/Amazon.

Better yet they have better protections returns compared to on the street vendors or in person seller you have no recourse. If you didn't use those options on eBay/Amazon then the lost is yours not the seller and isn't the fault of eBay/Amazon.
Exactly! Typically, you walk out of a Pawn Shop with absolutely no recourse if you get a dud. For those businesses to offer any form of guarantee, you'll pay more for the item up front.

The Pawn Shops I frequent have a 30 day guarantee......even Value Village has a guarantee, and no their prices do not increase. Older titles are $3 and new titles are $5 and up. Dvd's are usually around $1. Yes, you are taking your chance with garage sales. I don't live anywhere near where they would have street vendors selling on mass counterfeits.

I am right there with you on the pawn shops. Best time to hit them is at the first of the month. I just returned from a pawn shop hunt. 39 movies for 30 dollars, because two containers were 4 film collections and 3 were two film collections. Got some gems this time. Blade Runner Final Cut version, the Great Escape, the original Rollerball. Best thing about pawn shops you buy them for a dollar, after you set up your server and back it up at least once. You sell the movies back to them for 50 cents. Win Win especially for the next guy building his server files.

Best thing about pawn shops you buy them for a dollar, after you set up your server and back it up at least once. You sell the movies back to them for 50 cents. Win Win especially for the next guy building his server files.
That's not what I would call backing up. But that's just me.

Back