• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Good site for used DVD/Blu-Ray?

DQ

Anyone have a reputable site they use to buy used DVD/Blu-Ray discs?

Searching around I could not find much. I know there is Amazon and Ebay but those are a pain to find exactly what you are looking for, especially when you are looking for several discs.

Just hoping to leverage the knowledge and wisdom of the community.

Thanks in advance.

Wrong section, moved. Blank disc discussions have their own section. That said, I'd start by saying your location.

I'll go out out on a limb and note that you mentioned ebay and Amazon so I'll guess USA. Try gohastings.com. They have a deal of the day and offer some good bargains.

We have eBay here too and 2 Amazon's. France and the UK.

Thanks for moving the thread, thought I had it in the right place.

Yes I am in the U.S.A.

I was hoping to find a good place that sold used discs. While Amazon and Ebay are good places for new discs it sort of ends there.

Thanks again!

I'll go out out on a limb and note that you mentioned ebay and Amazon so I'll guess USA. Try gohastings.com. They have a deal of the day and offer some good bargains.

I just checked them out. That seems pretty cool. Thanks!

I really recommend gohastings.com and after I watch the movie, I donate the movie to the library. They usually have many out of print videos such as the original Sleepaway Camp.

Hey ch3vy,
He wasn't talking about blank discs he said "used disc's" .
Now to answer that question I have found several different places that sell used rental's. But they are brick & mortar stores and not websites . You could also check out gaming stores about every one I've ever been in sell's used movies. I even have a comic book store close by that does as well.

If you live in America, Pawn shops. I have four shops that I visit regularly. The used dvd's in my area are selling for 93 cents and the blu rays for $3. In fact, last week I walked in as someone was selling them about 200 dvd's. Of course the pawn shop can't resell them for 30 days. There were some good ones in there that I want, so on June 30th I will be sorting through that batch. Only bad thing is I am putting mine on hard disks and the boxes of dvd's are piling up. I would donate them to my neighborhood library. But all they do is give them to the friends of the library who sells them, and uses the money to fund other things for the library system here.

I have no problem finding used disks on eBay and or Amazon. I use these sites all the time without issue.

I really recommend gohastings.com and after I watch the movie, I donate the movie to the library. They usually have many out of print videos such as the original Sleepaway Camp.

Thanks again for the recommendation that is the type of place I was looking for.

If you live in America, Pawn shops. I have four shops that I visit regularly. The used dvd's in my area are selling for 93 cents and the blu rays for $3. In fact, last week I walked in as someone was selling them about 200 dvd's. Of course the pawn shop can't resell them for 30 days. There were some good ones in there that I want, so on June 30th I will be sorting through that batch. Only bad thing is I am putting mine on hard disks and the boxes of dvd's are piling up. I would donate them to my neighborhood library. But all they do is give them to the friends of the library who sells them, and uses the money to fund other things for the library system here.

That is a dang good idea, I did not even think about that.

Anyone have a reputable site they use to buy used DVD/Blu-Ray discs?

Searching around I could not find much. I know there is Amazon and Ebay but those are a pain to find exactly what you are looking for, especially when you are looking for several discs.

Just hoping to leverage the knowledge and wisdom of the community.

Thanks in advance.
Those are you only two locations besides Craiglist. You got Amazon, eBay, Craigslist those are you own two used sites onilne otherwise you need to find your local electronics retailer and find their clearance and used shelf movies to buy from.

Those are you only two locations besides Craiglist. You got Amazon, eBay, Craigslist those are you own two used sites onilne otherwise you need to find your local electronics retailer and find their clearance and used shelf movies to buy from.

That is an excellent point. I have been of the mindset to look for specific titles but I might do better trolling Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc and just picking from what's available.

That is an excellent point. I have been of the mindset to look for specific titles but I might do better trolling Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc and just picking from what's available.
Hard to find titles most likely will be had on Amazon, ebay as time goes on.

A Walmart close by to me has some Blu-ray's for $7.88 and $3 to $5 DVD's. Found some great titles i wanted you just have to dig in those big round bins. LOL

A Walmart close by to me has some Blu-ray's for $7.88 and $3 to $5 DVD's. Found some great titles i wanted you just have to dig in those big round bins. LOL

Yes I think you are right. I am going to change tactics and hit up Walmart and Best Buy.

Back