• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Good News For Nvidia Owners!

karoloydi

I found in another forum custom timings for Nvidia that work really well for smooth 24p without need for reclock.
Before this the refresh rate reported by reclock was 23.966. After the new refresh rate the speed reported by reclock was 23.978
The person that reported this says that it should repeat about 1 frame every 2 hours. I think I can live with this!
Just go to the Nvidia control panel and create a custom resolution with the foloowing settings:

htpc12012010113234.jpg

Heres a link to the original post (If I am not allowed to post links to other forums, moderators please remove the link):
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=153212

Last edited:
Custom resolutions are so buggy I feel at the moment. The user interface is all over the place.

In any case, I notice a bug in reclock. After testing this new resolution. I switch to my 23hz mode, but was still using 23.966. Thats fine, but reclock didn't detect refresh change. Its stuck on 1920x1080@60, and says 60.0 hz. This is incorrect.

When does reclock recalculate refresh of display as I have found its not very reliable.

Custom resolutions are so buggy I feel at the moment. The user interface is all over the place.

In any case, I notice a bug in reclock. After testing this new resolution. I switch to my 23hz mode, but was still using 23.966. Thats fine, but reclock didn't detect refresh change. Its stuck on 1920x1080@60, and says 60.0 hz. This is incorrect.

When does reclock recalculate refresh of display as I have found its not very reliable.
As soon as it receives a WM_DISPLAYCHANGE (or whatever it is called) message.

Cheers James. If I can come up with a way to reproduce I'll let you know. Thanks.

With me reclock found the correct refresh rate 23.978,but it was unable to lock. The icon was red. I dont know why. Maybe cause the refresh rate was already synced to the screen.

When I add this rate, nvidia control panel says, do you want to save this resolution. I hit yes, and of course it doesn't save the custom resolution. The interface is really bad.

When I add this rate, nvidia control panel says, do you want to save this resolution. I hit yes, and of course it doesn't save the custom resolution. The interface is really bad.

It will only add the timing if it passes some sort of internal validity check.

So if it doesn't work, usually that means there is something wrong with the timing you are trying to add.

But I agree, it's not easy to use.

I found in another forum custom timings for Nvidia that work really well for smooth 24p without need for reclock.
Before this the refresh rate reported by reclock was 23.966. After the new refresh rate the speed reported by reclock was 23.978
The person that reported this says that it should repeat about 1 frame every 2 hours. I think I can live with this!

I hate to rain on your parade, but an accurate timing does not remove the need for reclock. I've had 3 decimal place accurate timings for years with Ati cards using Powerstrip, and reclock is still essential.

The video and audio clocks still drift, although I'm not sure what happens with integrated HDMI audio..

It will only add the timing if it passes some sort of internal validity check.

So if it doesn't work, usually that means there is something wrong with the timing you are trying to add.

But I agree, it's not easy to use.

Yeah very annoying. Its like, here is 23.976 hz, click yes to accept. I click yes...... nothing lol It never saves. Really bad GUI.

Yeah very annoying. Its like, here is 23.976 hz, click yes to accept. I click yes...... nothing lol It never saves. Really bad GUI.
try setting the timings to "manual" and it should work: 1db9e264292801.gif

what annoys me is that in the 185.*, I was able to use DisplayChanger to switch on the fly...but w/ the newer serie no workee no more, I have to do it from the drivers GUI :mad:

ah well, custom timings are so much better handled that on ATi anyway so I won't complain...if you ask their techsupport, they'll tell you to try your luck w/ pstrip(which is a bug feast, being reverse engineered and all) or ATT(which is very limited).

Yeah using manual. With a HDTV the layout becomes horrible and unnatural. I'll stick with 23.966 until they fix the interface.

w/ the latest WHQL? coz I tried some beta versions where indeed it would never save them...rather annoying :confused:

I just copy the CUST_MODE registry key from one driver to the next and never bother with the horribly buggy interface.

Back